Upcoming event, proxies allowed....what to take!!!

DireTrollJake

Well, as the title says, there's an event coming soon locally on the 22nd and we are allowed to bring proxies, and if you saw, the 1st place prize is the Wyrd painted Copycat Killer! It is so on.

Now, I ask my guild brethren for assistance in lists.

I have the most experience with Sonnia so she will be my ace and go to. Now, is there anything unreleased that will be worth taking the place of other available models? I own everything released aside from the new Totems, which are on their way. I am thinking Sonnia, either a melee beater or ranged attacker (Executioner/Nino) + 4~ Guild Guards with the Purifying flame. With Cordon and Flame Wall, I can have some serious board control going on, but is it enough??

What else has been working for you?

I won't go anywhere without Sam! With flaming bullets running, he's is insanely powerful. He's got great movement, good melee but not great, and some useful debuff spells with arrest and snare. Bottom line I would never go anywhere without him. The executioner hits hard but he can be fragile, against the Rez he's great, against other factions YMMV. Not really a fan of the Peacekeeper, he looks cool but the rules didn't do much for me. The Austringer could be cool but again only in a specific list. Bring Sam though he's your Big Damn Hero.

Well, as I have decided to go fully painted, the urge to figure a list has increased, not to mention ruled out proxies. The base of my list will be Sonnia and Samael. From there, it's a matter of:

3 Witchling Stalkers+1 Death Marshall

2 Witchling Stalkers+2 Deathmarshalls (likely)

2 Witchling Stalkers+Executioner/Nino

Leaning toward the Executioner, or Nino build too but I feel short on models...hmmm...

I have to agree Sam is quite the bad ass with Flaming Bullets, if you are lucky enough to trigger his "arcane hunter" skill he can one shot most models if they are in range.

if i had to pick i think a nice mix of death marshals and witchling stalkers would be good. All else fails you can bring 3 death marshals and 1 witchling. Because Sonia can always spawn more witchlings either from her own army or the enemies. The three death marshals can be used to keep enemies at range.