Pandora Love

Entiago

Although I have all 3 of the boxes for Neverborn, Pandora was the crew I decided to go with first (mostly I think because she reminds me of my Cryx).

My first game ever with Malifaux was a leaners curve. I faced Rasputina's box crew against Pandora's box, but it didnt go well. Although it was our first game- my opponent had one advantage over me- he had his crew cards and I had to use the rulebook-got one of the earlier boxes without crew cards. We had fun though and thats what counts, even though I got slammed and forgot so many of the triggers, but not having cards in front of me I can see why.

Second game, about a week later, went a little better. it was against Nicodemus crew box. And this time I had my cards infront of me. It was a fierce battle, but he knew to go for Kade and Candy. Clumsy me forgot to link them with Sorrows at first, and Pandora got to give a little discomfort- but all in all the cards were not with me- and I lost.

Last night we (my friend and I) played a match to demo the game for 2 people interested. I took out Pandora's crew and he brought Seamus's box. I will tell you one thing- them Belles are crazy. But this time I played twisted- split Kade and Candy each with a linked Sorrow (flanking like) towards Seamus. Pandora lagged behind in the middle also linked with a Sorrow (but keeping a nice range).

On turn 2 Candy got with 8" but all her spells failed and her Sorrow stayed linked, Kade moved closer to Seamus, but stayed Harmless-and thankfully Seamus could seem to care to hit him (failed checks), then Pandora moved closer getting Seamus within the 10" range. After Seamus shot at Candy (damage was passed to her Sorrow), one of the Belles Lured Candy away from Seamus and her linked Sorrow, and the other Belles all looked in wounder at the little girl with a candy basket (more failed checks).

Turn 3 I felt the cards with me, It was my time to shine! First moved the unlinked Sorrow to Seamus and linked to him. Seamus tried to hit Kade, but the babe was too cute (more failed checks!!), Moving Kades Sorrow to Seamus to link as the Belles went to harrass Candy. Next moved up Pandora and had her cast some Self-Loathing (failed), Trapped in your own Nightmare, and Incite with 2 failed checks he quickly took 6 damage. Another Belle moved closer to Seamus's side to help him as Pandoras linked Sorrow then hit Seamus with Self-Loathing (Siphon Magic off Pandora) for 3 more damage. Lastly I had Kade, love this kid, and it all went how it was supposed to.Seamus was 5 1/2" away from Kade (you know where this is going). Backstab with a :malicrowsand :malimasks getting off both of Kade's triggers- taking Seamus down to 1 Wd thanks to his Hard to Kill (and yes-even with Seamus Hard to Wound 2, I pulled it off)

Going into turn 4 and we noticed that It was almost time to go :( so we didnt have time to finish up, but he gave in the game, and I felt damn happy- although I would have LOVED to have finished him off, but that will be for a later date...like next week!

A couple things.

Did the Sorrow move with Candy when she was Lured? It can't because Push doesn't equal Moving.

No, I learned that on day 1 with the Push vs Move debate we had before we then saw the rules for it. Thats why I said Candy was Lured away from Seamus and her linked Sorrow- then had the unlinked Sorrow link up to Seamus.

You can only activate one trigger per action. So Kade would have had to choose between the two triggers.

Ahhh, ok. Well you learn something new everyday. This must have been overlooked due to heat of the moment, but I will remember this one. Thanks.

I also learned yesterday that Terrifying ignores Harmless, what a shame.