Tactica: McM

Kloudfire

I think you waste time... if you are doing missions it is important to move forward

It really doesn't require much hanging back. You can easily keep McMourning up, and get the neccesary body part counters, and have the construct summoned turn two. If you were ok with Mcmourning standing still for a single turn, you could do it first turn. Turning a 2 SS dog into a 7 SS construct is never a bad idea, atleast once a game.

Here's how you do it without getting slowed down, assuming you have a fairly decent spread in your opening hand.

Move Canine Remains up 5-6" in front of McMourning. McMourning activates, does Scalpel Slingin (0) into the remains, cheating in a low card for the Remains defense if necessary and another one for weak damage. McMourning gets pushed into contact with the Remains and gets a body part. McMourning uses his first action for Dissection on the Canine Remains (even weak damage kills it). 3 more body parts, corpse counter in front of McMourning. McMourning spends his 2nd AP to move over the corpse counter = 2 more Body Parts (total 6) and he's moved 10-11" up the table. He can spend one of the body parts for another AP if he really wants to, or save it for a later turn.

McMourning won't be able to summon the Flesh Construct until next turn because he used his (0) action on Scalpel Slingin. Since he needs a high crow card to be sure it goes off anyway, this shouldn't stunt your plans too much unless you got lucky and had one in your opening hand.

Or you can do it this way

Rotten belle moves 4" uses lure to move McM 4" (Mcm voluntarily fails resist)

Move dog to 1" of McM

Mcm uses Wracked with pain and dissection (4 bp counters) kills dog

Mcm uses BP counter for fast, moves forward 4" picks up corpse counter, uses (0) action to summon flesh construct.

you don't end up with a spare BP counter, but you do move 8" in the first turn AND summon a flesh construct. Plus you don't need to cheat nearly so much.

With this in Mind, I would suggest this Crew

McM

Convict gunslinger

Rotten Belle x2

Canine remains

Zombie chihuahua

Sebastian

you get the same crew in the end, but gain a rotten belle, which really helps McM out.

Yep, true. There's a number of different options to get plenty of movement while still making friends for McMourning - a lot depends on what your opening hand looks like. I don't mind cheating away low cards to make stuff go off on the first turn usually. Since there's little to no interaction with the enemy until turns 2-3, those cards would likely get discarded at the beginning of turn 2 regardless.

Yep, true. There's a number of different options to get plenty of movement while still making friends for McMourning - a lot depends on what your opening hand looks like. I don't mind cheating away low cards to make stuff go off on the first turn usually. Since there's little to no interaction with the enemy until turns 2-3, those cards would likely get discarded at the beginning of turn 2 regardless.

One of the things that I am really liking about Mx is that there is no one best way to do ANYTHING. it's all dependent on control hand, missions, and board position. It's very tactical that way, and I think it adds to the fun.

One of the things that I am really liking about Mx is that there is no one best way to do ANYTHING. it's all dependent on control hand, missions, and board position. It's very tactical that way, and I think it adds to the fun.

100% true. The more games I play the more I fall in love with the fate deck mechanics and the complexity they add to the game. Dice seriously feel archaic already!

Im finding nurses invaluable; discard a card, use all 3 boosts and you have a +2 move, bosted attack reactivating unkillable maniac; Seb has taken down Perdita in 1 turn, and the costruct killed a Death marshall that was half way across the table and thought it was safe.

Keep in mind that there's no point in using all 3 massive doses on a single model. If you use Painkillers and speed, the model will die after it's first activarion from painkillers, and wont get the second one. The only possiblitity is if it activates once, ends up withing two inches of the nurse, then getting the doses, and then it reactivates.

Kloudfire: Yeah, I see no reason why it wouldn't work. You just need to make sure you get atleast moderate damage on the dissection.

You can't use all 3 boosts - Painkillers will kill the target at the end of it's next activation (so it won't be able to reactivate). Speed and Stimulants should be enough to make anyone really really nervous though.

::edit:: D'oh - teach me to reply without checking the next page!

Yeah, but McMourning has enough in his cache already, I think. I really like the crooked man, so that's a good option. And after a pair of dogs were able to bring a mature nephalim to his knees, I really like them too :). I think either option would be good for the point filler. Just adding the 4 to the cache works too. That way, you could turn those 4 into body part counters. Then you could either turn a 5th stone into the last body part you needed, or you can just whack the chihuahua for one, leaving it alive, and then summon the construct. a 7 SS model for 4-5 soulstones isn't bad. Not as good as for 2 soulstones, but still :)

Edited by Werecat