advice for after box set

darknight

ok guys, read a lot of the rules and so cant wait to get a game in,

now im thinking of two or three box sets, ok possibly four!

what to get with them? up to around 35 ss

neverborn box plus candy and bad juju?

outcasts, bayou gremlin boxset and ?

seamus and belles boxset and ?

arcanists steamfitters boxset and ?

what do you reckon for the best to go with each box?

it says bad juju needs to be summoned, is that only with the hag?

thanks for your input guys :)

Specify which Neverborn box? Pandora has Candy in it. Seems like you're thinking the Zoraida box but that has Bad Juju in it.

Bad Juju can be summoned and played by any of the masters of the Neverborn faction. Although Bad Juju fits well with Zoraida in play and fluff, he's a solid beatstick for Pandora, too. When the Hooded Rider comes out he's fluffy linked to Zoraida, too, but Pandora will also really love his speed.

ok guys, read a lot of the rules and so cant wait to get a game in,

neverborn box plus candy and bad juju?

outcasts, bayou gremlin boxset and ?

seamus and belles boxset and ?

arcanists steamfitters boxset and ?

Lilith: Are you planning on getting the other boxed sets later on? If so, then buying Unique models from the other boxes may land you with duplicate models later on. In that case I might just get some additional Terror Tots or some Sorrows.

Gremlins: If I were getting a Gremlin force (which I've thought about), I would start with the boxed set, a second Warpig, and a Whisperer.

Seamus: Not sure. Probably can't go wrong with more Belles, but check the Res forums for advice.

Ramos: Every seems big on taking Joss with him, and you'll probably want the little arachnids. I haven't used him myself, so that's just hearsay from the Arcanist forums though.

In all cases, your best bet to be sure you get what you want is to play some proxy games with the models you are considering.

Neverborn: Everyone plays them very differently because the 3 masters differ greatly. I can't really say what's great to include and what's not. If you're getting Lilith, I will say that the Waldgeist is going to enjoy her forests.

Gremlins: If I were getting a Gremlin force (which I've thought about), I would start with the boxed set, a second Warpig, and a Whisperer.

Yep. Throw in blister of piglets and another blister of Bayou Gremlins while you're at it.

Seamus: Not sure. Probably can't go wrong with more Belles, but check the Res forums for advice.

There's no problem in this game that can't be solved with a bigger pile of dead hookers.

Necropunks fit well into almost any Res list. I also think Mortimer works nicely as an all around model.

Ramos: Every seems big on taking Joss with him, and you'll probably want the little arachnids. I haven't used him myself, so that's just hearsay from the Arcanist forums though.

Buy a Joss if you've got any Arcanists. He's just that good. Ramos can take advantage of Joss' ability to count as a Construct when he wants to, but the other Arcanist masters don't have any problems bringing a threat like Joss along.

If you're running Ramos specifically, Brass Arachnid and more Arachnid swarms. You can't go wrong with those. And an Electrical Creation as soon as it's released.

In all cases, your best bet to be sure you get what you want is to play some proxy games with the models you are considering.

Truer words were never typed.

Yes, absolutely... A good Ramos list will usually include Joss (he's just that amazing), the Brass Arachnid, and lots of steamspiders. Lots and lots of steamspiders.