Tuesday Tussles at RIW Hobbies, Livonia, MI

nerdelemental

• Replies 341
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

A good 30ss game with the NERD, I still have problems utilizing my Cerebus. I fealt I had a shot most of the game but I needed a beatstick (non-beast) to be around. Marcus is cool, can't wait for wifey to get box for me. I think I needed to push a bit more and the 3 Hoarcats only soaked damage and did nothing. They did have to be addressed by you so that was good.

Glenn put a beat down on me. The end of the game didn't look that bad but it was only because at anytime Raspy can wreck a ton of stuff. Unfortunately it came later rather than sooner. The 3 Hoarcats once again did nothing but become Executioner road kill. Cerebus smacked Joss hard (finally doing something) and soaked Joss and Executioners turns before being killed. I failed to use the Essence of Power even once, wow. I learned what a terrain heavy board can do, Ramos needs to be attacked quickly, and lots of rules corrections on my part. Thanks Glenn :)

DOX, you up for a 30ss next Tues?

Godspeed: meaning you're selling Guild off?

Hollywood was thinking of starting with Viktorias last night, but I urged him to read through the book and maybe test with some of mine before settling in, but that force does seem pretty logical for his playstyle. We have a glutton of Guild at RIW, so I hope it doesn't appeal to him.

:)

Fortunately, Steiner's shown interest in the game now and the Guild seemed remarkably clumsy in his hands - a very odd thing if you ask me as he seems typically very adaptable to any faction. Also interesting, he doesn't immediately like the aesthetics of Res or Neverborn, leaving Arcanists for him (but none of the current masters seem really like his typical playstyle, either) or Outcasts.

Well, I am funding a good friend of mine to play the game so I have another good player but he's in school and jobless so I am currently funding Guild and Neverborn and my outcasts. He only likes Outcasts and Neverborn, and I love my Gremlins more than anything else, who can only work with Zoraida otherwise so logic is telling me to just fill out my Outcasts and Neverborn leaving us both with 6 masters to float between.

I own everything for guild aside from the Governer's proxy and all 3 masters+sam is painted and most everything else is based and some basecoat. mbowsher is interested in guild OR Arcanists, and he owns all the arcanists, almost fully painted by me, and he would do a swap around if anyone is interested in Arcanists. Basically...guild isn't going to be in my hands.

i will be trying levictus soon since he has an array of model to pick from across all factions. he also seems like he is a very order of operations type of guy and i like models like that.

speaking of which, when does he come out?

res also catch my eye but basically because of MCM

Levi is out, but his stuff isnt. The Desolation Engine has a preview in the Wyrd Chronicles ezyne tho.

Godspeed: meaning you're selling Guild off?

Hollywood was thinking of starting with Viktorias last night, but I urged him to read through the book and maybe test with some of mine before settling in, but that force does seem pretty logical for his playstyle. We have a glutton of Guild at RIW, so I hope it doesn't appeal to him.

:)

Fortunately, Steiner's shown interest in the game now and the Guild seemed remarkably clumsy in his hands - a very odd thing if you ask me as he seems typically very adaptable to any faction. Also interesting, he doesn't immediately like the aesthetics of Res or Neverborn, leaving Arcanists for him (but none of the current masters seem really like his typical playstyle, either) or Outcasts.

Oh no! Im sticking with outcasts. i think you get a good balance between range and meele. I will prolly just play whatever Jake picks though so I can learn to "break" this game too :)

The issue with outcasts is that each one of the masters has it's own pool of miniatures it can use. Levi can hire thru each faction, Viktorias can only hire other outcast merc's, and Teeth can only hire Gremlins, Pigs and Vermin. None of them can work together, so really you will be playing 3 small armies with little selection and no crossover use.

Oh no! Im sticking with outcasts. i think you get a good balance between range and meele. I will prolly just play whatever Jake picks though so I can learn to "break" this game too :)

well i wouldn't worry so much about me as i would bowen and glen.

when starting a new game we all have to build from the ground up. it is something i look forward to.

Hey! So I bought the book and I found some good synergy. This game is a very refreshing and well needed changed from that "other" minis game where the winner is too often determened by the 1st dice roll :)

Yea, in this game the winner is the one who wins the first card flip! :P

Don't worry, I'm sure Jake and Chuck will be happy to stomp you here, too. :lol:

well i wouldn't worry so much about me as i would bowen and glen.

when starting a new game we all have to build from the ground up. it is something i look forward to.

Right on! I bought Rasputina but I plan to buy more boxes in my preferred order......Marcus, Seamus, Lylyth then whatever else I feel.

Fun for the story arcs, not a guild fan so probably will never get them.