Tuesday Tussles at RIW Hobbies, Livonia, MI

nerdelemental

• Replies 341
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Trust me, I'd like to run em all, lol. But...where money isn't as much an issue anymore, finding opponents is. I can't justify playing multiple factions and getting one game in a month at best. I've been bustin' my ass trying to get people goin down here. Outcasts may end up being my route, I love the Freikorps as well as the Viks, and I am stoked for Hammy. So...looks like that may be a good bet for me.

I certainly wouldn't mind, Dox, but I'm running Guild, too, and that doesn't strike me as the most fun either of us could have, necessarily. No commitments yet. Let's scope out the joint tomorrow night and see who gets out. Unlike our WM regulars, the Mali group seems to go into hiding around Xmas and other Holidays (told you we were the more normal group!)

Hey Bowen, thanks for the game! Getting gutted by Pandora is still more fun than Hamelin. ;)

(unsolcitied game design tip: in an alt activation game, stuff that gives tons of activations to one or more models in a row gets real unfun real quick for the other guy. Just keep it in mind. I know Perdita and family can do it too etc etc, just sayin it ain't fun an is very powerful).

I'm still figuring out how to tackle her. She's so dag nasty with a ton of soul stones and having the extra card. Her alone tore half my force apart with (fom my POV) out breaking stride, for the most part. You controlled the entire game (even if I win on technicality :P ).

I think I would have greatly preferred Guild on Guild. ;)

Still, fun to finally try my idea for 35ss. I'll have to remember to sac one scheme to get the extra 2 stones next time. Would have helped me alot. Having fun painting them too (finally, like a year later). I'll do pics when I'm done.

;)

We'll play a real game next we meet. Maybe next week!

I'll show you some fun Viktoria list. It'll run a lot like your Justice stuff and you'll have fun against it, too.

I have your book, too. Unless by leaving it behind you were subtlety saying that you're packing it in! Quitter.

Edited by nerdelemental

Say Bowen, question. The 1st time I faced Pandora, IIRC, I wanted to use Blind Justice to overcome Expose Fears and, so far as I recall, you said it didn't work like that.

Blind Justice (aura 6"): Friendly models ignore increases in Rg and Df and any Duels required from spells or talents to target models.

Expose Fears: Enemies attempting to target this model for any reason must first win a Wp->Wp Duel or immediately end the Action.

How does the 2nd part of Blind Justice not avoid Expose Fears? Expoase Fears is a Talent and it requires a duel to target said model.

Now, I assume (not knowing every Talent or spell) that Blind Justice is supposed to overcome stuff like Harmless.

Harmless: Enemy models must win a Wp->12 Duel when targetting this model with an attack or the Action fails immediately.

If anything, "when" implies that it does NOT require a duel TO target you, only a duel to not fail the action. Whereas "attempting" much more strongly implies a duel required TO target you. I'd say that if Blind Justice does work vs Harmless (I'm assuming it's supposed to) then it should definitely work vs Expose Fears. If it does not work vs Expose Fears, then it certainly does not work vs Harmless.

If the latter is the case, then it is contrary to the plain wording (which is why I went to the trouble to do this homework in the 1st place). It's why I tried it the 1st game and not today, but browsing my options for some angle, I came across it again. I'd appreciate some clairity. :)

Sorry about all of that Dox. She's got some tricky interactions and I'm purposefully not a rules guy but surely need to know the ins and outs of her if I'm going to run her. Games against your Justice and Perdita are the only times I've ever run Pandora against those masters so I bet I did offer some erroneous rules lawyering, although not intentionally.

Frankly, I don't remember some of those interactions, but that doesn't say much...I've called in the bloodhounds to help clarify some of the questions you've asked specifically and should have a very legitimate answer for you soon so that neither of us have to interpret.

Once we get it locked down - maybe we'll need a rematch and actually play by the rules. ;)

Dox, still waiting on rules reply, but I've been thinking about our game. You said it looked like I handed it to you by striking with my big Lelu and losing my scheme. However, at that time you had poached the second objective token with your Peacekeeper, and Justice was across the board sitting on the last. At that point, you had 3 I had 1 and you had TWO schemes yet to fulfill. As far as i was concerned, it really was lost for me. Losing either one of the twins to a full or mildly damaged Death Marshal would have meant losing the sibling a turn later. I was low on soulstones at that point, too.

Essentially, you played the scenario and Mali is a game that is won by scenario far more than WM. You opted to give up that Peacekeeper's AP for the objective instead of walloping Candy - you could have killed her instead, but you know I would have taken the objective next turn if you did.

It's your victory. Pandora just chewed you up afterward because she was pissed about losing.

We retook the beach of Normandy. But we lost way more men than them in that "victory".

Edited by nerdelemental

~jdomin: good to meet and hang with you, bud! Typically we have more Mali peeps in the place than WM so you saw us on an oddly displaced night. Our guys were too tied up with holiday business and didn't want to fight for space with those other knuckleheads. Still, you got to hang with me, so it must have been good! ;)

~Smigs: good seeing you again, buddy.

~Mav: that was a really fun game (but oddly long - why is that?). My favorite games are always the ones that are close and there's nothing overly out of whack on either side. Von Schill seems really interesting to play and play against with a new take on a strictly combat crew. Seems more defensive than offensive (give or take)? What do you think?

NerdE-Our games always take a looooong time due to our constant interruptions and need to B.S. with everybody. I am really digging your new Theater board, the play on it was a lot better than I originally anticipated.

Von Shill is fun to play, even though I haven't won with him yet. The librarian was definitely the MVP for my side last night due to her constant healing everybody and finishing off Perdita. I think we need a rematch with our lists tweeked/played differently so we can both get the most out of our models.

JDOMIN- Nice to meet you, we'll have to get a game in at GenCon.

"tweaked" as in "drop Abuela and put Nino in"? ;)

Even though the enslaved Neph needs a 10+ Mask to pull off his own obey, Granny only needs 8 but every time I had that mask it was an 11 or 13 or Red Joker anyway and the lil turd can use a stone even if I'm holding a 5 mask. I think it with Perdita is enough Obeying on my side of the board. Abuela's not carrying her weight for me yet. And I cannot see her running with anyone other than Perdita.

The game was fun.

The play on the board definitely has me anxious to continue working it up. Plenty of places to hide around. You and I both were hiding behind pillars and overturned tables. I think I'll get really detailed and fartsy with a splash of artsy. Not making barstools, though. That's a pita.