Leviticus: The mind-breaking, steam-powered pimp hand of desolation!

McNs

I just ordered Leveticus, Rusty Alyce, Steamborg Execution and the Necropunks.

I think the Necropunks will benefit a lot from Blessings of Desolation, which will give them double crows on the combat score, letting them have both the Rot Trigger and the Desolation Warping. Theoretically letting you Summon Steampunk Abominations much easier.

I actually had the same thought, but it depends on the duration of Blessing of Desolation, which is not currently defined in the card or the book.

If its a turn duration (likely), then it may be a little harder to pull off. If it's permanent duration, that's pretty sick. :)

Edited by Haight

I don't think the hanged combo is that vicious. I think your op is going to save his control hand to beat that situation when he sees those two models on the field. Plus, that combo won't actually kill anyone, just bring them down to one or two WD remaining. I think a flurrying bette noire is going to be more efficient at killing most models

edit: the combo will kill models with 5 or less WD but why would you want to spend two activations on a 5WD model? There are a lot of models you can take that will kill an enemy in one activation. Or, why not cast unnatural wasting twice?

Well, it will insta-kill a 5 wound model in two activations. However the real effectiveness of the spell is that if you do whispers + wasting, it puts up to an 8 wound model at one wound that can't be healed. For two spells.

Assume Whispers then UW:

>5 wound = insta-death if you land both.

6 wounds = 3, then 2 = 1 wound left

7 wounds = 3, then 2 = 2 wound left

8 wounds = 4, then 3 = 1 wound left

9 wounds = 4 then 3 = 2 wound left

10 wound = 5, then 3 = 2 wound left

11 wound = 5, then 4 = 2 wound left

12 wound = 6, then 4 = 2 wound left

That's the other nasty part about it: no healing. Perfect for masters or regen'ing models. And while you're op will hold his control card hand, so can you. :) The values involved are pretty darn good with the hanged and leve, so its probably going to come down to quality of hand. You can always soulstone as well with Leve too.

As to why not cast unnatural wasting twice, If i can have a previous activation do half the job for me, and spend one of my casting actions doing something else with leve, why wouldn't I ? That's sorta like asking "why don't you have your master do all the heavy lifting all the time?"

Quite simply because they can't all the time. They need help. The hanged's Whispers basically acts as a slightly weaker version of UW with the added benefit of no healing. If i can land it, i've just done half of Leve's work for him, freeing up a cast to do other things. This is especially important with a caster that relies heavily on recycling himself.

I'm not saying its the end all tactic, cleary its not. In tandem with the hanged's terror tactics and WP nonsense, i like it, as its a ghetto version of wasting with the benefit of not being able to be healed.

And yah, Black Betty's awesome, but sometimes you don't want to take her in every list. :) I like having options and keeping my opponent's guessing. If they know Betty's going to be in every list (or the hanged for that matter) they start building appropriately. I like getting to a place where i have a nasty trick with every model, and every combination of models.

-- Haight

Edited by Haight

• 3 weeks later...

However hard it may be to tell right now how do you think Levi will do in a tournament setting? Whether it be getting some of the objectives done or an all out kill stuff fest, how do you think the old man will be able to fair against the rest of the factions?

Personally from what I've read in battle reports on these threads he seems to be quite dominating in a "Kill Everything" type of fight AND in certain scenarious he is also quite good, but I'd like to get everyone elses opinion on his competitveness in a tourney setting, or prediction of competitiveness.

• 1 month later...