Just thinking...

moonrise

The new beastmistress Myranda would be something really cool to write about :) i can make her some sort of antagonist for my first fiction posts (the one with lady justice and bishop), and maybe even make some crossovers hahaha.

what can you guys suggest? so far i'm thinking that the biggest baddie of the story hires Miranda to track Bishop down, who assumes that he's another mindless, dangerous escaped convict. but she later discovers that it isn't quite the case. maybe this could even boil up to a romantic arc hahaha.

i'm open for comments before i commence with writing. please post them here ^_^

thanks!

**a very short tidbit of what i have been working on. don't get hyped yet :D

"You men are all the same, playing with the hearts of the weak! Do you find it amusing that I lie in pain before you?" Myranda called the serpent to lunge at the battered young man, heartache and the ever-deepening pang of betrayal clouding all forms of judgment.

Nine-inch fangs tore through Bishop's flesh, where hints of venom agitated his wounds. Blood rushed out of the multiple lacerations scarring his frame. The soul harvester's breathing quickened to the pace of broken rasps as he felt himself slip in and out of consciousness.

The rattler danced about him, coiled and ready to spring out at the order of its master. The beastmistress leered at the mangled soldier, gritting her teeth as utmost hatred overflowed from her shattered heart. As cold as winter's newborn frost, she hissed restless odium as she summoned her faithful beast to deliver the final blow. "I thought you cared..."

But Bishop remained unmoved. Mustering what was left of his strength he hobbled towards the raging maiden.

"Are you insane?" she lashed out, preparing her familiar in attempts to back him down with threat.

Still he walked.

"I'm warning you, Bishop!"

But the cautions fell upon deaf ears. His steps, the firm crunch of dirt and gravel, pierced the ethereal silence that befell their surroundings.

Myranda was one to take what she says seriously. Pride swelled as she sent her animal to castigate the persistent young man, gliding about him in maddening swirls as blood sprayed like rain. But no matter how the spines cut him, Bishop kept walking.

"Won't you even listen?" she cried out in frustration.

But Bishop still walked.

And the serpent still bit. And the serpent still mauled. But no matter the hurt, Bishop still walked.

Her eyes swelled with tears for some reason she could not explain. Was it anger? Or agony? Did she really want to see him like this? For a brief moment she contemplated. But her beloved spineswyrm continued to harass her loved one relentlessly.

The last blow was harsh, as Bishop felt himself get thrown off his feet. But he did not complain nor winced. Instead, he calmly got up, despite shaking horribly. He must have lost a lot of pints already. He panted wildly, his heart no longer beating in unison with his mind. The lack of blood lightened his head. But he could not surrender to weakness, not when he was only just a few steps away.

"Stop." Myranda growled, but like before, he wouldn't listen. "I'm warning you."

Just four more. Four more steps... he thought to himself.

"Listen to me!" the ophidian stuck on her behalf.

Three...

"Bishop!"

Two...

"Do not test me!" tears streamed down her cheeks as he went on. Sanguine oozed out of his mouth, indicating critical multiple organ damage. Rage dissipated as Myranda could no longer stand seeing him in such a state. She could only wonder why he refused to stand still and instead choose to receive the worst lynching one could get.

He stood right before her, beholding pristine beauty defiled by agony and despair. His gaze cut right into her soul. Such calm and sweet eyes met with hers. Teardrops! Oh how the crystalline dew blurred her vision. She closed her eyes tightly, unable to witness him in such a miserable state. Anger was the only prize she could expect. Instinct told her to wait for the blow to come. But the fatal strike was never delivered.

Instead, arms, both warm with emotion and coldly drenched in oozing red plasma, wrapped around her. Myranda could feel Bishop's heart beat with hers. Two jagged destinies, finally in unison.

One...

Finally, he spoke, albeit briefly. "Myranda, I..."

And everything went black...

Comments and criticisms welcome XD

Edited by moonrise