Me and my questions....

v22TTC

OK, I really do prefer to experiment and figure things out for myself but the IP clock is hammering away....

1 Which VGC blue is the closest to primary? (I'm thinking Imperial).

2 When white tac's done that thing it sometimes does and stuck into the details of a mini and just won't come out, despite dabbing with a block of tac etc how can you get it out/off? Scrubbing's doing nothing but push it deeper.... :(

few options on the white tac.... Use a pin and pick it out ... or use a cotton bud (swab....those things ya clean your ears with ) and a little mild acetone like nail varnish... or use a bigger ball of white tac and dab it on it generally sticks to itself better than to other surfaces......hope that helps...

I think your right with the VGC imperial but there are so many variants that will come into play with how you apply it shade basecoat highlight etc that it is hard to say right now...

key things I can say on blue which can be a tricky colour especially brights is to use an off white or even grey to highlight .. easier to control over the first stages and use a deeper blue or prple for shading .. black can make it go grey...

again hope that helps...

good luck and don't sweat on the questions.. if you don't ask you don't learn...

Thanks Demonherald - tried the ball of white tack dabbing first... wasn't happening. It's weird how the tacs only do this sometimes (anyone know why?). Now wasn't the best time and it got to the point where sculpting over the top of it was quickest!

Re: Black: Yeah, I know about the perils of black (about the only thing I was ever actually taught in art collage) and would almost never use it to shade for something naturalistic looking. But this'll be a moonlit night and I thought using only one chromatic colour (blue) would be pretty mega-flair, as a small part of the theme (avoiding using straight black too).

I'm hoping for a kind of comic book visual impact (like Squig's entry for FFIII). We'll see....