Warhammer segment on 'The Collectors'

Hinton

At least they got a decent painter for for a segment on miniatures. A bit of a pity that he appears to be completely bound by a single miniature company.

I wonder how one ends up on a show like that. Do you apply, or do they go out and find people? I don't think I would be on a show like that personally. I enjoy my hobby on its own merits. Whether or not the wider world knows or understands it, or me is of liittle concern. Different strokes though, I guess.

Interesting segment, and I think the show overall did a pretty good job of not being too 'ooo, look at the freak' about the hobby. The video was very nicely done, showing both the larger scale grandeur of gaming on terrain and the close-up detail that can be achieved. His green knight was pretty spiffy, I can see why it won.

As far as the gentleman being profiled being bound to a single company... it's possible he's not. For many reasons, the show filmers may have asked him not to mention any other companies - for simplicity since they only had six minutes, because they only wanted to ask for one company's permission to use their products, he did mention other stuff but they edited it out and so on.

That's our very own Jamie Downward:)

Resides in Tasmania and is a multiple Golden Demon winner, and all round nice guy.

He's not bound to a single company either, he's painted a lot of stuff from other companies too, it's just they chose not to show it this time. I believe their promo for the show included the word "Warhammer" so they were probably bound to show only GW stuff.

-Tony