Help, Im gonna need somebody, help, not just anybody, help...

callumrice

• 2 months later...

Brought the old backburner out today and had another little play about. I can tell this is going to be a right bitch to photograph when its done but oh well! Ive sorted out a little more scales and tried to make them look a little more realistic. Also lined in the gulleys between each plate and highlighted the edge of them. The black will be worked on soon as it looks awful just now but you can see how its going.

I plan on doing some major freehand on the black, does anyone have any suggestions? I thought about turning it into a sort of skeletal look to the inside of the ship, you know, loads of pipes and generators and stuff, probably painted either midnight blue or dark angels green. What do you think then?

http://s196.photobucket.com/albums/aa152/callumrice/?action=view&current=PHOENIX2-1.jpg

http://s196.photobucket.com/albums/aa152/callumrice/?action=view&current=PHOENIX1.jpg

regards the freehand how about geigeresque type like the type yellowone does it incorporates the skeletal and pipey type thing your talking about...

Also how are you gonna do he Black to the firey type colour transitition...??

It could look fairly cool if you could pull it off so the back freehand components kind of break up towards the yellow area making it look like the things is catching fire and breaking up into the effect at the front end.....

looking good chief....

Dunno uber, this is going to take a bit of time to complete, expecially what I have planned with the base. Although Im planning a trip to GW tomorrow to buy commissar Yarrick and a carnifex! 2 models ive had on my hit list for a wee while. What about you? What you painting these days?

jeez man what dont i have lol ....i still have a leader for my tau i need to finish....my evergrowing orc army. and now my trollbloods....which i need to do a whole lot more b4 i finish.... although that new dragon is looking pretty cool from gw and i have an idea for him.....so who knows whats next. hehehehe....