Femme Militant - inbox review; Varangii

orb

We've seen the hype but I've not seen anyone review what you get........

John Blanche is the "grandaddy" of GameWorkshop imagery. From his mind comes crazy ideas that others interpret to something more digestible and and more then sculpt to the gaming minatures we see in the stores. I believe a few years ago he suffered a stroke, but that hasn't stopped him designing..........

http://www.femmemilitant.com/

There seems to have been some indulgence of his ideas in this project - his crazy kinky "Femme Militant" characters have been made 3D by some of the top sculptors in the miniature world, and have been given limited release in 40mm scale cast in resin.

This one, "Varangii" was sculpted by Kev White, owner and sculptor of Hasslefree Minatures.

What surprised me when they arrived was the rather nifty box they came in:

FM-box.jpg

a fancy metal hinged box with a wierd stilletto embossed on the top.

Inside is a rather clean and glistening grey resin mini, in two parts and a typical GW plastic base.

FM-insidebox.jpg

I'll let the final photo do the talking for the minature; it's not to everyone's taste, but an interesting mini never the less

FM-girlie.jpg

Rob

It seems the quality is very high, and of course, the sculpting quality is top of the game. But, the price and the, IMO, slightly dodgy concepts turn me off. This particular one, though, is one of the few I might have considered if they were a bit cheaper. I'd say £10 would be a fair price.