WARMACHINE Patrols 2006 anouncement (new forum and prizes)

Hello everybody,

As most of you know in slightly more than a week from now the 'WARMACHINE Patrols 2006' contest will start. You can find more information about this contest in this topic. A few things have changed since the beginning.

New Forum

First of all the contest is moving to a different website. Although the Runboard fora are okay for a free forum, they are less than stellar. Fortunately for us the guys at Minirealms.com have agreed we can do the contest on the forum over there. Minirealms is a terrific website dedicated to all miniature games and has some great members. In addition the forum is more stable and looks a lot better too. The weblink to the right page is:

http://minirealms.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=9

At the top of the page you can see two seperate subfora (WARMACHINE Patrols - Painting, WARMACHINE Patrols - Fluff). In these subfora the players can post their armies and progress and others can reply and discuss the entries.

I will leave the Runboard open, so people can easily copy/paste their stuff to the Minirealms forum. Sorry for the extra effort you guys have to invest.

Prizes!!!

At the start of the contest we would mainly compete for honour and the title (and a small trophy I would make). A couple of days after the first anouncement I was approached by Patrick "Dentatus" Todoroff from Glass Graphics Studio. He volunteered to make glass panels for the winners of the contest (one for the winner of the painting contest and one for the winner of the fluff contest)...for FREE (as he said it would be a good mix of hobby and work). The winners will receive a BIG glass panel with their faction logos on it.

I can understand some people find it difficult to see in their heads how this might look. Luckily Andreas "Coil" Engstrom (winner of the "Warzone Patrols 2004" contest) mailed me some pictures of the glass panel Patrick made for his winning entry:

patrolpanel9ur.jpg

patrolpanel32ph.jpg

(Note that the panel is approximately 2 feet high!!!)

Patrick has told me his skills have improved since he made this panel and that the ones for the "WARMACHINE Patrols 2006" contest will look even better! After the contest Patrick will make the panels and will send these out after ~4 week to the winners.

So to summarize...the winners of both parts will win a glass panel with the appropiate faction logo on it, made by professional Patrick Todoroff.

I would already like to thank Patrick for this fantastic contribution to the contest and Andreas for the good pictures of his trophy.

So if anybody was still doubting if he would join in I guess this is a good motivation :D! Anybody can still join in and people that have already joined can of course change their factions and armylist.

One week people...and then the madness begins!

Thanks.

Marijn

• 2 weeks later...

Hi people,

The 'WARMACHINE Patrols 2006' have started today. Everybody knows HORDES armies are allowed too. One problem with HORDES is that it is still brand new! So not all players have their books and models and good tactics are still in development.

Therefore players are allowed to change their army composition each month if they would like. This way you can keep up with the current and latest releases and tactics and your style of playing.

Just remember to keep up with the deadlines and enter painted models at the end of each month, along with a piece of fluff.

This way we hope to keep it easy for HORDES players. Remember that force composition is not important for the competition, but it is understandable that people prefer to paint a competitive army.

Cheers,

Marijn