Cast lighting form Fireball

I have a fire ball that I'm painting but I have no clue what kind of cast lighting to put on the stone floor. I checked with some online tutorials but they all say Red. lightbulb yellow or white. Well I held a lighter in a dark room and all it gave off was light or all things were brighter no color. Would a firball be more red or because its fire its just a big lighter. Anyhelp. My question is What color cast lighting should I put on the floor below and near the fireball?

Thanks for anyhelp!

Larry

The color of light given off depends mostly on the temperature of the object giving off of the light, in this case, since we're talking about light an object gives off because it is hot (in terms of physics, this is called "black body radiation"). Room temperature objects give off infrared light (which is outside our range of visual perception), and as the temperature of the object increases, the light moves from red to orange to yellow to white. Other colors of light can also be emitted if certain chemicals are present; for example, copper creates green light, and natural gas creates blue light (which you will know if you've ever cooked on a gas stove).

For a fireball, you would have a mix of white light (for the very hot center of the fireball), and red and orange for the outer parts, which are cooler. In terms of realism, pure white reflected light tinging a little on the orange side would probably be the most realistic. But miniatures painting is not always about realism, so do whatever you think is the most appropriate.

David

The color of light given off depends mostly on the temperature of the object giving off of the light, in this case, since we're talking about light an object gives off because it is hot (in terms of physics, this is called "black body radiation"). Room temperature objects give off infrared light (which is outside our range of visual perception), and as the temperature of the object increases, the light moves from red to orange to yellow to white. Other colors of light can also be emitted if certain chemicals are present; for example, copper creates green light, and natural gas creates blue light (which you will know if you've ever cooked on a gas stove).

For a fireball, you would have a mix of white light (for the very hot center of the fireball), and red and orange for the outer parts, which are cooler. In terms of realism, pure white reflected light tinging a little on the orange side would probably be the most realistic. But miniatures painting is not always about realism, so do whatever you think is the most appropriate.

David

Thanks david I think I get the idea! This helped alot! thanks again!