Kids and Saturday Morning Cartoons

Sorry, I've been away from the States far too long to know what is happening afa. Saturday morning cartoons go ... are there still well defined seasons (such as September start, 26 episodes, with reruns from April so that you could get to see the ones you missed) and all the fixin's like back in the 60's and 70's?

I waited impatioently until the start of the school year, not to go back to class but to see the new cartoons. "Land of the Lost" was one of my faves .. not animated, of course, but pretty wild with a well defined universe and rules you had to figure out bby watching the series. Great continuity, with scripts done by proper writers (David Gerrold did some, f.ex.) Others: Space Ghost (Hanna-Barbera, true, but fun -- Ghost Planet, the later incarnation was funnier, I thought), Wacky Racers and early anime like Astroboy, Speed Racer and Kimba the White Lion. Seem to remember the Herculoids.....

I also miss Saturday afternoon Creature Double Features.

Yeah the seasons are more or less like that still, though to be honest, I watch about 4 hours of TV a month so I may not be on the complete know.

Wasn't there one called 'Speed Buggy' as well, a little dune-buggy with hippies and all that? And of course, my absolute favorite, Scooby-Doo. Don't much care for the live action movies they made for them (kids love them though) but I'll sit with the kids and watch Scooby anytime.

Sorry, I've been away from the States far too long to know what is happening afa. Saturday morning cartoons go ... are there still well defined seasons (such as September start, 26 episodes, with reruns from April so that you could get to see the ones you missed) and all the fixin's like back in the 60's and 70's?

I waited impatioently until the start of the school year, not to go back to class but to see the new cartoons. "Land of the Lost" was one of my faves .. not animated, of course, but pretty wild with a well defined universe and rules you had to figure out bby watching the series. Great continuity, with scripts done by proper writers (David Gerrold did some, f.ex.) Others: Space Ghost (Hanna-Barbera, true, but fun -- Ghost Planet, the later incarnation was funnier, I thought), Wacky Racers and early anime like Astroboy, Speed Racer and Kimba the White Lion. Seem to remember the Herculoids.....

I also miss Saturday afternoon Creature Double Features.