Isochronism Questions

Brad Maynes

Question

These may be silly questions, but I'm just starting out, so ...

In the Arcanist Starter Box, all of the models (Harrison Frodsham, Harris J-5 and the Gearlings) have the ability Isochronism, which provides: "Once per Turn. After this model gains a non-Fast Condition, it may have another model within 2 Aura gain that Condition (at the same value, if any)." 

So, two questions:

1. Since this is an Aura ability, if a Gearling Concentrates (gaining the Focus +1 condition), can it give itself a second Focus +1 by using Isochronism?

2. Since each of the four models has this ability, if a Gearling at one end of the line, with all four models within 2" of the next model in line, Concentrates, can it just be propagated to each model down the line? With each exercising its own Isochronism (obviously assuming none have used it yet, since it's once per turn)?

Thanks in advance,

Brad

2 answers to this question

1. No. While it is in range of its own aura, Isochronism states that it may have another model gain that Condition. So it can't use it on itself.

2. Yes. It works when they gain a Condition for any reason, including from Isochronism. And if you place them in a square, the model concentrating can actually gain Focus +2. (Gearling A concentrates and gain Foces +1, uses Isochronism to give Focus to Gearling B. Gearling B uses Isochronism to give Focus to Harrison, Harrison gives Focus to Harris and finally Harris gives Focus to Gearling A.) However, you propably want that last Fous to go somewhere else...

• Agree 1

Thanks, Mortarion. As to the first question - this really couldn't be any more me. Overthink something for so long that you go "wait, I could do THIS", completely ignoring a word of the rule because you have literally thought about it too much.

Good to know on question two, which was really the main question. It seemed really powerful, and so I just wanted to be sure that I wasn't missing some basic rule on how abilities worked.

Thanks again,

BLM