Question Regarding Summoning with The Dreamer

AbeFroman

Question

Hey all, I just got into Malifaux (and I've dragged a couple of buddies in with me) and I've chosen The Dreamer as my first set to pick up. I've read a lot about him but have questions regarding how summoning works. Edit: it turns out, as I was writing this and I was going over everything, I think I may have answered some of them myself, but let me see if I understand the process of summoning correctly.

If I want to summon something, I would first have to declare what it is I was attempting to summon, it would have to be in the Nightmare keyword and also be a Minion, but could be multiple, as it states any number of minions. So if I wanted to summon just 1 Alp I would have a Target Number of 15. I would then flip a card, and then add the Stat, in this case 6, to it and add the total together. So if I flipped a 9 or higher I would achieve my target number, however, the summon would not actually work unless the card I flipped was also of the suit Masks, because it signifies it next to the target number. Should I have flipped a card that was 8 or lower (or possibly not land the Mask), I could Cheat Fate with a card from my hand to get a more desirable card drawn. Also, if I flipped a card of a high enough value but of the wrong suit, I could spend a Soul Stone to give it whichever suit I need. 

Is this correct? If not, please let me know whatever it is that I need to change. 

• Like 1

2 answers to this question