Questions about Hannah

Tim Schmidt

I did a search and couldn’t find the answers. I’d appreciate confirmation or correction on two abilities please.

Siphon power: Hannah can target herself to take the point of damage to gain a suit

Arcane Words: “...unbury it within 1” of an enemy model.” : the model that was buried when it activates is placed within 1” of another model in the opponents crew.

Are these statements correct or have I bungled it up?

Thank you,

Tim

33 minutes ago, Tim Schmidt said:

I did a search and couldn’t find the answers. I’d appreciate confirmation or correction on two abilities please.

Siphon power: Hannah can target herself to take the point of damage to gain a suit

You don't want to use the word "target" to describe that process, since targeting gets used a mechanism during action declaration.  Otherwise, yes, the "friendly model within :aura4" of Hannah can be Hannah, herself.

Arcane Words: “...unbury it within 1” of an enemy model.” : the mode that was buried when it activates is placed within 1” of another model in the opponents crew.

That's mostly correct but there are some game mechanic technicalities.  When a model is Buried, the only thing that undoes Buried is getting Unburied.  When a model is Unburied, it ends up getting Placed on the table.  The distinction between Unbury and Place matters in some uncommon but important cases, the biggest one being that if there weren't any valid places to Unbury the model, there's a fallback clause in the rulebook that lets the buried model unbury in its deployment zone.  If it was just a Place effect, and there were no valid positions to place it, the place effect would just fail.

In other words:

• If there is a valid position to place it (there's a model from the opponent's crew on the table, and there's room to place in base contact with it), then you get to place the model in any of the valid positions.
  • If there were no valid position (either because there's no models in the opponent's crew on the table, or no room in base contact with an enemy model on the table, or weird effects preventing placement or whatever), the buried model would be placed by its owner in its deployment zone.

Edit:  That Glimpse the Void trigger is on a few different models, and it wouldn't be completely unheard of for an entire crew to be buried.  In that sort situation, the models buried by Glimpse the Void aren't trapped.  It's a shenanigans based game, but that particular type of shenanigan (being able to trap models in perpetual Buried because Unbury failed) got ruled out because it made the Bury/Unbury mechanics too risky.