SoCal Achievement League! 10/1/2019

Flib Jib

Hey SoCal Malifaux Players!

Rumblings have been heard that SoCal is itching for another league. With M3E well underway now is the time to kick off the new season with a League. 

So in an attempt to do something a little different I am hosting a 10-week league where players can try new things, have fun experimenting, or just doing what they like best. 

• League Starts: 10-1-2019
  • League Ends: 12-8-2019

This is an unprecedented LONG league to allow players to dabble with everything they would ever wish to without feeling left behind or missing out (FOMO) That said, take your time, enjoy the journey, don’t burn yourself out 10-days in. 

The scoring will come in a variety of ways, allowing everyone a chance to participate. Scores will be gained by doing hobby activities, showing up to play, supporting your FLGS’s and even things like bringing new players! Most importantly the majority of the scores are based on things coming from just participating, the more you do, the more you can score. No need to dominate on the table in this league!

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

Overview

There are two “paths” which you can participate and score points depending on your interests. You can even choose both!

• Hobbyist - Calling all Artists, Craftsman, and Academics 

• Strategist - Calling all tacticians, gamers, and theory-crafters 

Scoring
There are three ways of scoring

• Soulstones- Things you can do every week
  • Visas-  Things you can do once during the league
  • Bounties - Things that can be done only during a certain week of the league. 

There is plenty to do here. So much that I really didn't intend or expect anyone to get every point, or even come close. Don’t stress over it, just do what’s entertaining and have fun!

No need for sign-ups or paperwork. When you accomplish something let your local league organizer know and it will be recorded. Each week we will update a leaderboard showing where people stand. If you score something while not at a league game-day, contact your local henchman. Anyone wishing to participate can also submit their achievements through the online form:

League Tracker

Prizes  (Award and Raffle)
At the end of the league prizes will be awarded for the following 3 categories:

1. Best overall score
  2. Best Hobbyist Path score in the league
  3. Best Strategist Path score in the league

Then, we will have several raffle prizes. 
Players will automatically gain one raffle ticket for every 10 points earned over the course of the League.

This is supposed to be informal and fun, allowing everyone to get some hobby-ing and gaming time with friends. Have fun, and maybe try something different!

Print-outs are also available for tracking purposes:

Also please make sure to let your local henchman know if you would like to participate, we need to know for recording purposes. Don’t worry if you can’t make it every week, No pressure, it's really just for fun anyways!

• Like 2

Hobbyist  [400 Points]

Once per Week
[2 Points] "MAKE" new friends - Assemble a model
[6 Points] Bob Ross - Paint a model
[3 Points] Back to the “Base-ics” - Create a custom base
[2 Points] Rich Uncle Pennybags - Lend a card or model to a friend in need
[3 Points] I Make This Look Good - Create a custom scenario element (Corrupt Idols, Explosive Markers, ext.)
[2 Points] Technicolor - Play a game with a fully painted crew
[3 Points] Every little bit helps - Create a piece of small terrain
[6 Points] Too big to fail - Create a medium to large piece of terrain
[3 Points] Wax Poetics  - Write and post a battle report to a Malifaux group of forum
[2 Points] X marks the spot - Create a custom Scheme/Corpse/Scrap marker

Once per League
[8 Points] Attack of the Clones - Complete the "MAKE" new friends achievement 6 times
[10 Points] Taste the Rainbow- Complete the “Bob Ross” achievement 6 times
[12 Points] They Call Me Jackson Pollock. - Paint a friends model as a favor
[10 Points] All Your Base are Belong to Us - Complete the “Back to the Base-ics” achievement 6 times
[7 Points] Mad Props - Complete the “I Make This Look Good” 6 times
[8 Stones] Editor in Chief - Write and play a custom story encounter that is approved by your Henchman
[10 Points] In Living Color - Complete the “Technicolor” achievement 6 times
[15 Points] Board to Tears - Create a themed display board for one of your crews/factions

Strategist  [400 Points]

Once per Week 
[1 Point] Bueller, Bueller? - Show up to a league day
[1 Point] Speed Dating - Play a game against someone you haven’t played a league game against yet
[1 Point] Can’t Win if you Don’t Play - Play a game of Malifaux
[1 Point] Spamalot - Hire a crew where each model has a SS cost <6
[1 Point] Elitist - Hire a crew of 5 models or less
[1 Point] Mob Mentality  - Play a game with no Henchmen in your crew
[1 Point] You Scratch My Back… - Buy something from a league FLGS
[1 Point] Fluffy McMeta  - Play a story encounter you haven't played yet in a league game
[1 Point] Pick a Card, Any Card - Let your opponent cheat for you with a card from your hand
[1 Point] Nothing Up My Sleeve - Reveal both of your schemes at the start of the game
[1 Point] One Hand Tied Behind My Back - Play a game without spending any soulstones during play
[2 Points] Feelin’ Lucky Punk? - Play an entire game without cheating fate
[2 Points] Can’t We All Just Be Friends? - Win a game without killing any of your opponent’s models
[1 Point] Private Tutor - Watch a game be played and discuss it afterwards.

Once per League
[10 Points] Perfect attendance - Complete the “Bueller, Bueller?” achievement 6 times
[20 Points] Young Padawan - Bring a friend who has never played Malifaux 3E for a demo or game on a league night
[11 Points] Jack of All Trades- Play every master in a faction at least once
[8 Points] Know Thyself - Pick a faction, play every possible upgrade in that faction 
[14 Points] What’s Mine is Yours… - Let another player use one of your crews for a game
[14 Points] … and What’s Yours is Mine - Use another player’s crews for a game
[13 Points] Life after Death - Win a game without any friendly models left on the table

Bounties [10 Points] - Available only during specific weeks

[Week 1] The ol' Switcheroo - Intentionally cheat the Black joker
[Week 2] Insult to Injury - Kill the opponent's master with a minion
[Week 3] Everyday I’m Shufflin’- Go through your deck two full times in one game
[Week 4] Perfect symmetry - Tie an initiative flip
[Week 5] Ed, Edd n Eddy- Bring 3 models with the same name
[Week 6] Legally Blind - Let your opponent Deploy your models
[Week 7] All in the Family - Play a game where all models in your crew share only one keyword
[Week 8] Bringing in a Professional - Hire 2 Versatile models whose base cost is 10ss or greater
[Week 9] Au Naturel - Play a game without any upgrades
[Week 10] What might have been - Play a game using only Dead Man's Hand models

• Like 2