Dealing with Electrocutioners

DeleteAccount

So played agsinst a double Electrocutioner force and they were pretty unmaneagable. First of I will state I had Infiltrators and Field intelligence Corps, and the more I play, the more I'm convinced it's a "take one or the other" situation due to how horrible they are defensively and both are focused on disruption.

So thing is, once in glory, they cover huge ground with their pulse and teleport. Due to the core rules, when one fireteam places, they all join the party so covering more than 36" is easy for them and due to Abyssinia's card draw, they have very good odds at being able to get all 3 teleports even if they need an 8+ and they are also pumping out damage that ignores defense while doing it (though they at least have the decency to not be able to cheat the penetration flip).

So they leapfrog through half the table wrecking field intelligence corps and royal corps as well as putting some damage on the King's Hand and finish engaging my Rifle Corps that are not in glory. So not the best of situations.

So how have others dealt with this and what do they hire to keep it under control?

12 minutes ago, Razhem said:

So played agsinst a double Electrocutioner force and they were pretty unmaneagable. First of I will state I had Infiltrators and Field intelligence Corps, and the more I play, the more I'm convinced it's a "take one or the other" situation due to how horrible they are defensively and both are focused on disruption.

So thing is, once in glory, they cover huge ground with their pulse and teleport. Due to the core rules, when one fireteam places, they all join the party so covering more than 36" is easy for them and due to Abyssinia's card draw, they have very good odds at being able to get all 3 teleports even if they need an 8+ and they are also pumping out damage that ignores defense while doing it (though they at least have the decency to not be able to cheat the penetration flip).

So they leapfrog through half the table wrecking field intelligence corps and royal corps as well as putting some damage on the King's Hand and finish engaging my Rifle Corps that are not in glory. So not the best of situations.

So how have others dealt with this and what do they hire to keep it under control?

Shoot them?

It´s hard to give good advice on how to deal with them, once they are in Glory you`ll have pressure their game as hard as you can to make teleporting a taxing thing even for abys cards or simply the wrong choice to win the game.

I´m still thinking that we need a second book fast and some more errata/faq as two factions seem clearly stronger than their respective counterparts, and some stuff is utterly broken, but until then....

you can also always play the strat to de-glory them or use your Kings Hand, forcing them to put a high card in there to flip the again.

3 hours ago, Tris said:

Shoot them?

It´s hard to give good advice on how to deal with them, once they are in Glory you`ll have pressure their game as hard as you can to make teleporting a taxing thing even for abys cards or simply the wrong choice to win the game.

I´m still thinking that we need a second book fast and some more errata/faq as two factions seem clearly stronger than their respective counterparts, and some stuff is utterly broken, but until then....

you can also always play the strat to de-glory them or use your Kings Hand, forcing them to put a high card in there to flip the again.

So basically suck it up buttercup XD

Well, I was way too passive, but then again, everything had cover on the other side and I was stalling to see if something exposed itself... turns out exposing meant covering at least 36"

Being the ranged faction really sucks the more I see it, you get engaged super quick and when not engaged you almost always have to deal with cover.

8 minutes ago, Razhem said:

So basically suck it up buttercup XD

Well, I was way too passive, but then again, everything had cover on the other side and I was stalling to see if something exposed itself... turns out exposing meant covering at least 36"

Being the ranged faction really sucks the more I see it, you get engaged super quick and when not engaged you almost always have to deal with cover.

Yeah, I think passive play is a big mistake against abby, you have to force decisions off of them, especially considering that those stupid flare guns outrange our stuff and don`t care for LoS or cover.... (also quite good on the Electrocutioners as they don`t need to discard a card, Unathi obeying them even nets them another one...)

Like in many games it`s a very thin line for ranged combat here, it`s hard to get the right spot where it`s neither OP nor too weak, think "normal" ranged is quite weak atm in ToS, big reason for that is -2 for cover and common melee threat ranges being 20" or even more.