Scrap Counters: first draft

Wakshaani

Just kicking a few ideas around and this was one that I wanted to start poking at. This is a first draft and obviously needs a bit of work, but, I figured I'd release it into the wild for a lookover, see what suggestions that people might have, clarifications needed, and so on.

Scrap is a general term for the parts left behind from a project's demise; the wires, gears, metal plates, and so on that can be picked through and recycled for future projects. While the world of Malifaux is fairly well-stocked with steel, copper, and so on, Guild prices are high so most learn to recycle what they can to make scrip last a bit longer.

A
Scrap Counter is a way to keep track of scrap without using a lot of book keeping. When a Construct is destroyed, it leaves behind a number of Scrap Counters equal to its Height characteristic. When a living or undead target is destroyed, they leave behind one Scrap Counter if they had one pneumatic limb or a number of Scrap Counters equal to their height if they have more than one pneumatic limb.

A Scrap Counter may be sold, where it has a value of 1 Scrip. It may be instead used to generate 5 Scrip worth of funding for the creation, upgrading, or repairing of Constructs or Pneumatic Limbs when using the standard construction rules. (IE, if a construct would cost 15 Scrip, 10 of that could be paid by sacrificing two Scrap Counters leaving only 5 scrip to be paid for out of pocket.)

A character may carry as many Scrap Counters as their Might score, to a minimum of 1. (Engineers around Malifaux are famous for keeping spare parts tucked into pockets, toolboxes, straps, boots, and a myriad of other places, but larger piles of parts require a strong assistant, or Construct, to mule them around.)

A character carrying a Scrap Counter gains access to the following special action:

Scottish Engineering (2) Action: Test: Cunning + Arteficing TN: 10

Sacrifice 1 carried Scrap Counter as an additional cost to attempt this action. If successful, choose a target Construct within 2” makes a Healing Flip, restoring 1 / 2 / 4 lost health.

(rams) Trigger: Negate one Continuous Effect on the targeted construct after the healing flip is made.

And a second try in a second post is no good.

Odd...

(edit)

Weird. Switching from rich text, with keywords in bold, prevented it form being edited in. Switching to plain text worked. How odd!

REGARDLESS! If anyone has thoughts, comments, suggestions, etc, do let me know? I'm sure that it could use some polish yet.