Thoughts on color schemes

Mooseyfaux

Hello Wyrdos!

So after a long stint away I'm back to painting upwhat seems to be an unending table of minis. When I started my Malifaux journey I had the idea of using the same color palette on each of my different factions. Now I feel this may be limiting. Has anyone had success or failure with this same idea? 

Thanks for the input! 

Sounds to my a bit more like army painting. If you like paint a lot of models in similar colors, that's fine. But if you don't: you get bored.

If you want to blend the minis together, I would recommend one mood color. And of that color you give a drop in everey other color you'll paint (on the wet palette). The result is amazing!

Just give it a quick try. Choose for example a green and paint two models. Each other with unique color palette but all of the colors with a drop of that green.

• Like 2

I don't think any of the Malifaux factions makes sense if they are completely uniform. It can work for plenty of sub factions though, e.g. Guardsman, M&SU, Nephilim, Showgirl, Freikorps.

Of course a strongly themed crew can look very striking on the table even if their fluff ties are tenuous at best, so in the end it comes down to what is more important to you.

• Like 1