Arkh is starting to paint again.

Arkh

I haven't painted anything in a while, but I'm working on a new speed painting technique.  This one is about an hour and a half in.  Plan to finish the base and do some minor tweaks on the paint job, but overall I'm happy with the result so far.

test1.jpg

• Like 3

As someone who tends to think in days and weeks when it comes to painting (not because I'm great but just because I'm dead slow) I was like "huh?!?!"... Leaving aside the one and a half hours invested a very pleasing result with a subtle choice of palette.... would love to see a shot taken every ten minutes along the way to be able to follow your process...am hazarding a guess that there is some judicious airbrush skills on the go here with a nicely brushed highlight...whatever the technique I also like the way you have melded the gravel across the 30mm base...inspirational indeed - thanks for sharing 

Zenithal priming + glazes.  That's it.  I didn't mix any paint while painting this mini.

- Primed black with standard spray primer. 

- Top down airbrushed white that was significantly thinned for control.

- color glazes applied in various degrees of watered down paint + glaze medium depending on how rich i wanted the color.

The real important aspect of this painting style is that you have to be sure your glazes are thinned down to a workable state where you won't lose the underlying highlights and shadows created by the zenithal priming.  From a traditional standpoint the technique is referred to as underpainting.

• Like 1

Thankyou for sharing that info...so not only is your figure is inspirational but your info will now send me off on an internet/YouTube learning quest...may I ask what glaze medium you use as I feel the need to go off and grab some easily stripped 28mm metal figures and experiment

• Like 1