Shifting loyalties using old major

Wildcard626

So I'm delving into a 6 week shifting loyalties campaign and I'm seriously thinking of starting with "old major" as my henchman/leader this being said should i go piglets wildboars n stuffed piglets just for the sheer fun and to benefit from his capabilities or should i pad out the starting crew with francois merris old cranky etc ??? I have just about everything except for trixiebelle and some bushwackers . want it to be fun but worried I'm short changing myself in the beginning by having little or no shooting capabilities . thoughts anyone ?

I've been playing Old Major in our Shifting Loyalties Campaign (Weeks 1 and 2 here), and it's been a lot of fun. Corn Husks is a must, Piglets make for great Scheme Runners, just be careful they don't get distracted by their Pig Charge. Gracie has also become one of my favourite Pigs - her damage output, resilience and ability to heal all of her wounds is great, but being able to gain Reactivate pretty easily means that despite being costly she doesn't cause you to get out-activated. Don't worry about padding out your starting crew with 'key' models - if you want them later, you can get them later. Remember you get 5 free Scrip towards your first hire each week. You'll be over 50ss very quickly.

• Like 1

I'd go with Gracie or The Sow over the second Wild Boar and Piglet/Old Cranky (who might help with shooting, but don't forget your Pigs will charge him if he isn't within a couple of inches of them...) You don't want Old Major to be your only big hitter, as you need him alive to prevent your Pigs from charging each other and his Corn Husks to do Schemes. Plus, Old Major's Rile 'em Up and Nudge 'em On have amazing synergy with the bigger Pigs. If you go with Gracie, you'll have the same number of Activations anyway.

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...

So game One is over i went with old major the sow a piglet and a wildboar we drew 7 all but scored 14 scrip with zero injuries and can now do a shoot action with one of the above thanks to getting the clockwork seeker equiptment upgrade ? should be fun . I'm thinking of putting in the warpig and another wildboar as will have 21scrip start of round 2 but screwed up on the bounty (hog wild) and am now kicking myself