How to beat Wong?????

Anung Un Rama

Ok I played in a one day tourney today it was mt first one having been playing Malifaux now for about 5 weeks. I went ok in the first two games narrowly losing 8-7 in the first and winning 10-8 in the second. Now in the third i was coming 4th overall and got matched up with one the undefeated players. Long story short I got reamed 7-0 by Wong. I wont go into my crew choice because it was totally inappropriate for Wong due to my inexperience, suffice to say i was paper to his scissors.

The strat was reckoning. Schemes I dont remember but i think i took neutralise leader and mark territory or something. Looking as the resser toolbox and masters who should i have taken and with what models?

If you want to use Yan Lo, Datsue Ba with her upgrade might be an good option to counter some of Wong's blasting shenanigans. Use her to summon seishin, which can sacrifice themselves to make your units immune to damage from pulse and blasts for a turn. If you activate Datsue Ba late in the turn and use this sacrificial Seishin early in the next turn, you can avoid giving up points for reckoning. And seishin and Datsue Ba are both spirits so they have some synergy with Yan Lo and his Fury of Yomi ability.