Apache's Latigo Posse painting blog

Apache

Heya Wyrdos! After having one of my favorite table top games demolished into rubble, I think the name of the game was Warsledgehammer or smth like that. Anyhow, I got acquainted with Malifaux in a very odd way. Now, I was very conservative towards my cozy sledgehammer universe until it got blown up. So I went into a sobbing painting spree, and once I was in a LGS and saw a nicely decorated stand for Malifaux (Shout out to Gamescape SF.), and I was like, well why the hell not. Being the impulsive buyer I am, I grabbed a box of the minis I liked. The Ortegas, and to my further dissapointment, a set which is not compatible with them, Lelu and Lilitu. Well, i decided to sacrifice that set to get used to the new scale of 32mm. 

So, why am I blogging? self motivation of course! I am super happy that this game requires a relative small amount of minis to play with, as some of you may be familiar with the quantity of models required for the demolished world of warsledgehammer. So, without further a due, I bring you my MASTERPIECES (insert self irony here.)

Lelu finished model. The first wake up call for me was the unusual assembly required. Glue half a face? Then the hair? Wait separate fists??? I got used to it though.

Ch9Mlxv.jpg

9jkpkVU.jpg

R0x73NW.jpg

microart base

awDd6yJ.jpg

Next up, Santiago W.I.P

NKvLqtr.jpg

EYovM4m.jpg

eeJb9eG.jpg

• Like 5

Looks fantastic. So does Lelu, there was no sacrifice there. You could also grab The Mother of Monsters box, which would give you a way to use Lelu and Lilutu. Also a great way to demo the game for friends, as the two boxes are pretty iconic to each faction and good opposites in gameplay (the Latigos are super shooty, the Nephilim are all about speed and melee).

• 3 weeks later...

Aaaand another member, or should I say former member of the Ortega family. This is W.I.P, what Im trying to show is the wet blending I tried to accomplish on the cloak. This is my first attempt at wet blending.

tM7ImhO.jpgwaUFplJ.jpg

• Like 2

• 3 weeks later...

I like your painting style a lot and I'm really looking forward to seeing the finished and based versions of these.

How do you find the approach of partly building your miniature as part of the painting process?  I have to admit that I prefer to fully assemble mine first unless they are outrageously complex.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 6 months later...