Manifest Power -- Berserking

rythos42

Ok, so meeting done and here's the power that I built for my Fated:

(0) Tunnel Vision (Centering / TN: 4R): This model gains the following Condition: "Pissed Right the F*** off +1: Gain +1 Ml. This model may Charge as a (1) action, and must charge a legal target if it starts it's activation unengaged. At the end of it's activation, this model makes a (Centering / TN: 4R) test to end this Condition on itself. If it fails, gain +1 on this Condition."

So it's "easy" to get the Condition if you have a Ram in hand (my friend has Rams as primary) or can flip a Ram, and easy to get out of if you have a non-Ram in hand. I built it using Killjoy's ability as a base, but wanted him to have some more control over the power. He used it last night, but we messed up the "exit condition" and he ended up beating a friend up. :P Which was hilarious, but as the FM I didn't want it to continue much longer than a round. To me it was a little awkward. 

Some alternatives I have in mind:

• "Whenever you are in Dramatic Time, you may Charge as a (1) action, but must charge a legal target if you start your activation unengaged." This is simpler, but if Dramatic time starts at a long range, could be really bad. This is a closer approximation to Killjoy's ability, but his ability works only because he tends to start in the middle of the table.
  • "Just gain (+) to Ml attacks and (-) to Df until the end of Dramatic Time". Simpler still, a more traditional approach to Berserker powers, reminds me of D&D 4e a little bit.
  • The same "Tunnel Vision" power as above, but make the TN a 7 instead of 4R. So it's easier to get into with just about any card you have, but you'd better have a low card in hand. Also would discourage my player from gaining any further Centering, since at some point it becomes unfailable. :P