Brutal Emissary + Hans = Working as Intended?

Wellingstone

Ok, so I'm not one to declare the sky is falling or somesuch. But the Brutal Emissary using a friendly buried Hans'  (1)Smile you Son of a... seems really harsh. Especially when you enter C. Hoffman into the equation. Because you can just Machine Puppet away and start discarding essential upgrades willy nilly. Because there is no more "Highest Bidder" ability to worry about when the Emissary takes that action.

Of course there are a couple things that have to go right. Like having a high crow and cards to actually hit the target. But all that being said. It seems unusually crippling. But things are brutal in Malifaux and I'm not one to turn my nose up at filthy tactics, but this seems...unusually...harsh.

I kinda get the feeling this might not have been accounted for in playtesting.

Am I alone in that?

Ping only last during the models Activation. So assuming you have buried Hans with a Death Marshal the emissary would have use one AP to for Smile, attack with his remaining AP, then Ping goes away. Hoffman will have to Machine Puppet Smile to give the Emissary Ping again, Machine Puppet any attacks before Ping goes away again at the end of Hoffman's Activation.

Also, Tara can give Ping to herself by doing Smile with Whispers from Darkness. So this kind of thing has been possible since M2E came out.