When to Unbury?

oost44

Question

For example Bete Noir uses her (1) One With the Night action and is buried. There are no additional specific rules about when she can unbury on the card, so would she just unbury at the beginning of the next turn in my deployment zone? Or would I wait until I activate her specifically during my turn and then unbury her? Would she count as 'summoned' if you unbury? Or would she have full AP immediately?

8 answers to this question

It should say on the front of her card that she unburies when a friendly model dies. Bury is not a summons. When you summon the model is Slow and can't take interacts the turn it enters. Unbury isn't hampered by these constraints.

Hm okay, yes I see the "Drawn to Death" rule.. where is says the model can begin the game buried, then unbury in base contact with a killed Living or Undead model. I wasn't sure if this was just a pre-game decision, or if this rule also applied to subsequent 'buries' by Bete Noir. Thanks!

Also note the "may unbury" wording. Just because a friendly model dies does not mean you have to unbury her. Sometimes it's advantageous to wait due to positioning or potential enemy threats. That's a person play choice though on any given game.

Yeah, that's an important point.  Different models have different Unburing rules.  Killjoy for example only Unbury's when a friendly model is killed or sacrificed, not enemy models.  Also, if you happen to be facing or playing a Tara crew remember that anything Buried with the Glimpse the Void Trigger has to be Unburied next time something is killed whether you like it or not