Looking for gaming group in York, PA

Khro

Hey everyone!

I used to play Malifaux 3 years ago and quit. I'm trying to get back into the game when I move to York, PA in June. Right now, I live in Gaithersburg, MD and I don't currently have a gaming group.

Is there a gaming group withen 25 miles of York, PA?  Or maybe one near Gaithersburg, MS? I'd love to have someone re-teach me the game!

Thanks!

I don't know of any game stores with a Malifaux crowd in Gaithersburg (would be nice though, I work around there). Last I heard there was an active community out of Dream Wizards in Rockville.

If you're interested in the drive up to Frederick, there's a small group that plays out of Looking for Games, Saturday mornings and/or Monday nights. Send me a message if that works for you and we can get you back into some Malifaux!

Thursday nights is another group at the Haven. Look for a recurring post from Arli on the events forum here for info on that.

I can definitely do Frederick, at least while I am here.

I went to the Dream Wizards store a few times a year or so ago, and the atmosphere was very negetive with that player base. I am not looking for a "hardcore" community when trying to get back into Malifaux.

I can't really do weekdays, sadly. Friday nights, Saturdays, and Sundays work best.

Let me know guys, I would love to get back into it! :)

Khro, I live out in Hanover and have the same problem. There is very few groups in the york county area or groups less than an hour away. I'm just starting to get into Malifaux and that's my biggest problem is finding people and a place to play. So I feel your pain.

I will say that Games and Stuff is a pretty awesome store in Glen Burnie if you haven't been there. I travel down there often since my girlfriends family lives in that area. I know Bel Air has demo nights but that is during the week.

I wonder if there is a gaming shop near York and we could start our own gaming group?

Until then, I need to re-learn v2. I dabbled in it but something tells me things have changed.

I'm really only free weekends or Friday night. As a teacher, I can't stay out too late!

I can definitely do Frederick, at least while I am here.

I went to the Dream Wizards store a few times a year or so ago, and the atmosphere was very negetive with that player base. I am not looking for a "hardcore" community when trying to get back into Malifaux.

I can't really do weekdays, sadly. Friday nights, Saturdays, and Sundays work best.

Let me know guys, I would love to get back into it! :)

Khro, I used to think that of DW a few years back too. These days it's a LOT more laid back. With 40k no longer being the main game, most of the hard-core WAAC types have left. As a store it's not the nicest (Games & Stuff wins that award) but the player base has changed for the better.

I used to go to college near York. Can't remember any gaming groups in York but IIRC there's a place in Harrisburg called The Adventurer's Guild. No idea about the malifaux scene there though.

Thanks guys for the reply.

I'm trying to find a group that really focuses on Friday night, Saturday night, or Sunday gaming. I'm a teacher so I can't really do weeknights(until summer break, YEAH!!!)

But if anyone here wants to game while I'm still in Gaithersburg, I would love to play!