Back 2 Base ix - The Rack - Review

So I finally got my rack in the mail (which ships from Australia) and got it painted and assembled.  Here are some pics and my review.

IMG_0952_zpsq51ex5pi.jpg

I was hesitant about painting the MDF board at first because I wasn't sure if it was going to warp, but after some testing, it took the paint just fine.  I chose Rust Oleum Cabernet Stain as I didn't really like the color that the laser cut came in.  (they also have Acrylic but since I'm building my man cave in all wood, this is what I chose.)

I put on one coat of stain and 2 coats of clear protective enamel.

IMG_0954_zpszc0eoqyr.jpg

There are options for dropper bottles or GW post 2012 (shown here) (and 2 other choices)  My main gripe is that since I store my bottle upside down to prevent drying out, they don't slide in quite as smooth as the dropper bottles.  The dropper bottles themselves also have very small holes in the tray below for the dropper bottle lid to go in if you do want to put them upside down. However, the bottom rows do not have this.

IMG_0953_zpsa8a3pcr4.jpg

As you can see from this picture, I have some GW bottles upside down and I think they fit better. So if I could go back, I'd just go with dropper bottle format all over. You'll have more storage that way.

IMG_0955_zpsnswx04ae.jpg

The Large Tidy Draw has 4 drawers with one large compartment and 4 smaller compartments (separated by dividers).

The system is highly modular with rare earth magnets being used to stick everything together.  The assembly design is pretty neat as well with out the nut and bolts hold everything together.

Price - I was pleasantly suprised to learn on checkout that I would not be paying $220 plus since their webiste is priced in Australian Dollars so in the end, I paid $175 with free shipping. they only offer free shipping if you buy the complete rack set, but you can add on additional things and still qualify for free shipping.

You can see more at http://back2base-ix.com/

An organized station is a happy station :)

I've picked up the acrylic in the past and will most likely do so again but in some parts the 3mm thickness works against it and breaks. Probably just rough treatment but treating tool storage lightly isnt something that crosses my mind a lot :P 

Still, overall saves a lot of space and helped me organise my space a fair bit, will be grabbing a few more bits soon to add underneath it and maybe a dropper bottle section since I have an airbrush now