Tournament help

moonshinewonder

Am about to go for a tournament, and unfortunately don't know the schemes yet but have struggled with working out how to get points for common ones that come up.

I figure assassinate can be done fairly easily with Pigapult and stuffed piggies, just pelt the picked out figure with it and follow up with shots from rest of crew.

how about things like line in the sand? if i seperate crew to cover ground and drop markers they will die and markers will be lost...

if distract is there I'll probably take that and flood the board with as many activations as possible but beyond that I'm a bit clueless

mini wise I have

Som’er Teeth Jones
Ophelia LaCroix
Rami LaCroix
Raphael LaCroix
Francois LaCroix
3 Young LaCroix
Pere Ravage
Lenny
2 Slop Haulers
2 Giant Mosquitos
4 Bayou Gremlins
Hog Whisperer
4 Piglets
Gremlin Taxidermist
3 Stuffed Piglets

2 Gator proxies

Pigapult

Burt Jebson

Any others on that list go to guys for certain schemes at all? All help appreciated! bearing in mind I don't have time to buy and paint anything else :-(

Cheers

Well I've only played a few games so far. But the Pigapult makes Deliver a Message pretty simple.

It's also decent for delivering summoned Bayou Gremlins deep into enemy territory to run some of the schemes.

Haven't played Ophelia yet but I heard she is a no-brainer for Reckoning.

Yeah, Pigapult lets you time and position your Bayou Grems in such a way that they are very difficult to remove. Also, if you're going Family Tree, you're going to bank on overwhelming numbers of significant models. Only Ramos can compete with Somer for sheer numbers, and he doesn't have a Pigapult, or Lenny to ensure proper positioning. You can pretty much nail in 3 points on Deliver a Message, or 4 on Stake a Claim without trying too hard. This strategy can also make things like Breakthrough pretty trivial.

The combo of a few Piglets and a Hog Whisperer can be pretty great to set up Plant Explosives, or Spring the Trap baiting your opponent to kill the Piglets and getting your free Scheme marker from Crispiest Bacon.

Somer with Francois or Burt is capable of dealing absurd amounts of damage, using Do it like dis! to build in the suits they need for Critical Strike (proper placement, overlapping auras from Somer and Skeeters, plus Lenny can get Burt to min damage ridiculous), Trigger Crazy, or Loose Trigger (coupled with Dirty Cheater for maximum absurdity). And then there's Ophelia for damage dealing awesomeness, with a healthy helping of board control as well, with Ooh! A Girl! and Jug Rocket. Don't forget to always take Lenny with Ophelia for damage reduction and that built-in Thinkin' Luck.

If you're concerned about the staying power of Bayou Gremlins as scheme runners, consider Raphael. He's reasonably tough, pretty fast, and has a thoroughly decent gun when he needs it. When you pick her up (which you really should, eventually), Merris is also a fantastic runner, capable of moving 15" and dropping a marker in one activation. You can reliably score for Breakthrough and Protect Territory in two turns with her, and her speed and Flight make it pretty easy to get her into a position where marker  removal is very difficult, if not impossible for your opponent.

I know she's not in your list, but Gracie is a must in a good Family Tree list, too, in my opinion, because you're going to want to spend most/all of Somer's actions summoning/doing things more useful than walking, and Saddle takes care of that. Plus, Gracie is a crazy good tank for things like Turf War, even crazier with Slop Haulers to provide additional healing.

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...