Good evening from Glasgow

QuothTheRaven

Just stopping in to say hi all.

I've not been anywhere near gaming or miniature painting for about 14 years so I'm essentially a complete novice, but recently stumbled upon some Malifaux boxed sets and have been tempted back.

Firstly, I had forgotten how expensive this hobby is - what have I done to myself? On the other hand, the plastic Malifaux minis are some of the best I've ever seen. I've bought the Lynch boxed set and am rapidly discovering that I'm either old and clumsy or these are a lot more troublesome to assemble than I remember.

I'm thinking about creating a wee blog to chart my progress (for my own amusement).

On the gameplay side, I've got the main 2e book and am eager to get to grips with what looks to be a really fun system. If anyone knows of a group in Glasgow playing, let me know.

I don't know anyone anymore who plays anything like this so feel free to say hi and throw some tips my way.

• Like 1

There is an active Malifaux group at the G3 Club in Glasgow (every Tuesday pm at Woodside Halls, Glenfarg Street - 2 mins from St George's Cross Subway). I'll be playing Malifaux there on Tuesday next week - pm me. We used to have a Glasgow Henchthingy but he had a baby or some such nonsense, so I'd be happy to give you a demo or whatever.

There is also an active Scottish FB Group called Society of Scottish Malifools - https://www.facebook.com/#!/groups/304633606238585/

David McGuire

There is also an event on at Common Ground Games in Stirling (link).  If you want to get three fun games in against three random folks then come along and join in - the crowd is very friendly.  If you're interested enough to come along but don't want to bother with the tournament then probably there will be someone around to run you through a few demo games.

Welcome to this wonderful game.

There is also an event on at Common Ground Games in Stirling (link).  If you want to get three fun games in against three random folks then come along and join in - the crowd is very friendly.  If you're interested enough to come along but don't want to bother with the tournament then probably there will be someone around to run you through a few demo games.

Welcome to this wonderful game.

Thanks. That actually looks great: Sundays means it doesn't get in the way of work (usually), unfortunately not in the case of the 15th though. Is this a regular thing as I'll try to make the April one. I might even have painted something by then. :/

The society of scottish malifools facebook page is really useful.

Scottish tournaments are not a regular thing, there's about one in three months between Common Grounds in Stirling and 6s2hit in Edinburgh.

A few of us will go to Kings of the North in Durham April 17/18. It's a weekender and going to be lots of fun! (and depending on how far you're willing to travel, there's more in Northern England and the Midlands pretty much every other weekend).

Here's the link: http://wyrd-games.net/community/topic/104521-kings-of-the-north-april-17th-19th-2015-durham-england-3-tournaments-in-two-days/