2015 Malifaux Madness

entropolous

As March draws near, thoughts of many in the US drift towards March Madness and the NCAA men's basketball tournament, myself included. With that in mind I had a thought of doing a Malifaux tournament for masters and henchman.  Excluding the new Henchman in the book 3 beta and the starter Henchmen, there are 39, masters and 29 henchmen with a soulstone cost of 9 or higher, making a list of 68 potential participants in the tournament.  I have seeded to participants by cache (with henchman caches increased by 2) lowest cache to highest. Models with the same cache were randomly seeded. The tentative bracket can be found here:  http://challonge.com/2015MalifauxMadness

My vision for this is not a 68 player tournament, but rather to have people volunteer to play the matches ad hoc and report back the results as we make our way through the rounds of the tournament.  (Getting 68 participants, with almost half getting "stuck" with a Henchman rather than a Master seems like it would be a tall task.)  Games would be played at 40 SS, and we would use the gaining grounds progression as we progress through the rounds, starting with the January-March strategies and then bleeding into the April-June list for the final two rounds. Schemes would be chosen as if the games were story encounters, to counter act the fact that leaders would be forced into playing strats that may not be their strong suits.

Because ties would not be compatible for this format, the following tie breakers would be used:

1:  If only one leader is still in play at the end of the game that leader's crew is the winner

2:  The crew with the most soul stones of models in play is the winner.

3:  The crew with the model closest to the opposing board edge is the winner

4:  Decide the winner via card flip that may not be modified, cheated, or reflipped by any means.

So, what is everyone's thoughts on this and/or interest be in participating?