Collodi Headhunter Clarification - "My Bidding" & "Obey"

cdhay

Question

Sorry if this has already been clarified but I couldn't see it anywhere specifically for this situation.

On Collodi's attack he has a trigger called "my bidding" that allows the Collodi player to immediately take an action with the model you have just hit. If you had hit an enemy model and then made it kill one of your own models during the headhunter strategy who gets to place the headmarker? From reading all the relevant rules I am assuming the Collodi player would because that specific action by the enemy model was chosen and controlled by the Collodi player in that instance. But just wanted to be sure.

Same goes for Vasilisa's obey (and any other obey for that matter). It is more straight forward if you are obeying your own models but if you obey an enemy model to kill your own model to place a head marker I assume the models controller that did the original obey get's to place the head marker (ie the Collodi player), even though it is an enemy model doing the killing of one of your own models and the obeyed model has temporarily become the acting model during obey (but importantly controlled by the Collodi player)?

Phew.

Please put me right if not as it came up in my head in a recent tournament and I decided not to try it as I wasn't sure who would have placed the headmarker and it was a very tight 7-7 draw.

Thanks.

2 answers to this question

My plan was for Collodi to attack a marionette and take it down to htk on 1 wound, then attack a rail golem stood next to the marionette getting the my will trigger (13x in hand) to kill the marionette, me to place the head marker near Collodi, Collodi 0 action creep to push 3" into btb with the marker, 3rd ap to pick it up.

but I bottled it and played safe. But the crucial bit was not knowing whether I would place the head marker or Pete my opponent.