Down the Rabbit Hole - Seismic's Journey with the Neverborn

Seismic134

Where It All Began

I've been collecting Malifaux since back in Feb 2012, with my first crews all being Resurrectionists; starting with Kirai then moving onto Nicodem & finally Yan Lo. I loved Ressurectionists, being able to possibly finish the game with more models than you started off with really appealed to me.

Then the M2E Beta hit.....

At this point I decided to not play Ressers anymore, deciding that I would prefer to learn new masters than having to relearn old ones. My first box set was Lynch, which was VERY nasty during the Beta to say the least!! 

Cutting a long story short, Lynch was the start of my Journey with the Neverborn, rapidly gaining a large collection of models, both new plastics and old metals. So rapidly, that a lot of my models are only basecoated. So this is where this thread comes in.....

My New Years Resolution is to get ALL my Neverborn fully painted. According to my Model Tracker it appears that out of the 62 models I own, only 18 of them are painted, leaving 44 models which need to be completed. So lets get started shall we!!!!

And So It Begins

So, having got the Translucent Dreamer Crew for Christmas it was obvious what my first painted model will be. That's right, Lord Chompy Bits!

Before knowing that I was getting this set I really thought that the translucent version of this crew was slightly pointless, as I thought that all models would look a lot nicer if they were all painted. In fairness I thought this until I picked up the paintbrush. I decided to try and make Chompy looking like he was twisting in & out of reality. Overall, I think it turned out okay, not great but okay. I realised it was A LOT harder to get a gradual blend from translucent to painted, so instead decided to give it a more sudden change between reality and not. The model is still missing a base though as I am waiting for some resin bases to come through the post.

I have also painted my Miss Ery model, to go with my Dreamer Crew. At first I was not really a fan of this model but after painting it I am chuffed with it. I tihnk it has come out quite nicely, and I really liked how the bright colours have contrasted against the the grey. 

Anyway enough of me rambling on. Ill let you see for yourselves. 

Lord Chompy Bits

Miss Ery

So that's 2 model down, only another 43 to go!

Thanks for reading!