Interested Player, PA

DarthP00P00

Hey there folks, had a friend tell me about Malifaux the other day and after some prospecting I'd be interested in looking at a Guild crew. I am really digging the Lady J. & Death Marshals box and was thinking of getting a box of Guild Riflemen as well. Are these purchases wise, from a game play perspective? I don't have a rulebook or know anything about the rules, but am hoping for a demo within the coming weeks.

If you haven't got the core books I would make them your first investment. Every single master in the game is worth playing, and has a unique style to them. I would get a feel for playing the game before buying a crew.

That being said, I've had fun playing every master I've run so there's something to be said for just choosing the one that looks the coolest to you!

As for your second question, I don't think Lady J. has a whole lot of innate synergy with the Rifleman, but everybody likes a rifleman and an Austringer paired together and putting out ranged death like nobody's business.