Paddyfaux the Second: the Fanciest Faux 14-15 March 2015, Cork Ireland

Tograth

Details of Paddyfaux The Second: The Fanciest Faux have now been confirmed, and Tickets are now available!

Paddyfaux The Second: The Fanciest Faux is the second annual Irish Malifaux GT, and will be held on 14-15 March 2015. Activities will be organised for Friday 13th on an ad-hoc basis, with the most likely being boardgames then pub.

The event will be a 2 day, 5 round, 50 soulstone event. Players will be able to select either Fixed Faction, Fixed Master or Open Faction during registration on the day of the event and will be eligible for a variety of different prizes and trophies depending on which they decide.

Throughout the event spot prizes will be awarded, and players will be eligible for a variety of awards including the following:

Trophies:

1st place

2nd place

3rd place

Last place (wooden spoon)

Best painted crew

Mr Tannen Award

Best in Faction

‘Ardcore Award

Mr Tannen Award:

During the tournament the TO will keep an eye out for any particularly atrocious luck on the part of players. Any particular incidents of Fate giving a player a black eye that players consider noteworthy should be reported to the TO at the end of the relevant game.

At the end of the event, the TO will select one incident in particular to be considered worthy for the Mr Tannen Award for Worst Luck. The dubious winner of the Mr Tannen award will be receive an extra raffle ticket.

‘Ardcore Award:

The ‘Ardcore award is intended to reward players who have made the choice to focus on a single master for the event, and have made the additional effort to play with completely painted crews throughout the event. The player ranked highest among those opting to play Fixed Master, and who have used completely painted and based models throughout the event will be awarded the ‘Ardcore award, and will receive an additional prize raffle ticket.

Prize Raffle:

In addition to trophies, prizes will be available through a prize raffle.

Tickets will be awarded for attending, purchasing a ticket before 31 January 2015, and for playing with a crew that is painted to a 3 colour minimum with non-bare bases. Additional tickets may be earned through spot prizes and in conjunction with the trophies described above.

Players attending with hats of an extravagant, and preferably animal themed nature (equine, bovine or porcine in particular) are welcome, and the top three as decided by the TO will entitled to an additional raffle ticket. Note that hats must be worn for at least a full day to be eligible.

There will be a minimum of 20 raffle prizes available, with larger amounts dependent on player numbers and sponsor support.

For more information, the rulespack, and ticket purchase, please see the website paddyfaux.com

Registered players:

1.Chris "TerrainMan" Brixey

2. Bob "Ramos Does WHAT??" McCallum

3.Tera "Lion Bar" Huppi-Preussel

4.George "Cheers" Preussel

5. Mark "MOAR PAINTINK" Byrne

6. Jenni Burton

7. Niamh O'Donovan

8. Matt O'Brien

travel:

for those considering travelling from the UK, return flights are available from a variety of different destinations.

Aerlingus has flights from:

Newcastle, Manchester, London, Glasgow, Edinburgh, Bristol and Birmingham ~£80 - ~£146. cheapest is Manchester for ~£80.

Ryanair has flights from:

Gatwick, Liverpool and Stansted. Liverpool from ~£72, gatwick from ~£75 and gatwick from ~£56.

UPDATE: Prize Support!

I Can now confirm that we will have generous prize support from Element Games, KR Multicase and Tiny Worlds for Paddyfaux.

Hi All,

apologies about the fubar with the webstore. I had removed one module while I was testing it and had forgotten to put it back in, namely the one that redirects to paypal for payment.

It's now been fixed and the orders that had issues cancelled. Where I've been able to I've contacted folks directly to let them know.

• 2 months later...
  • 1 month later...

go on sure. Find 5 typos and you'll get an extra raffle ticket. Now, these have to be typos that are actual typos - not US spellings of proper english words, and stuff that is supposed to be spelled as it is (i.e. 'Ardcore) wont count :D

To be fair, I'm probably going to have to give out a ton of extra tickets anyway, just so that there are enough tickets for all of the prizes :D.

• 2 weeks later...