Crossroads book

Axl

Hello,

Me and my fiancée are looking to get into wargaming and Malifaux seems to be the perfect choice for us ashy seems affordable and looks great.

We bought the rule book, but I am a bit confused as there are some miniatures that are not present in the book.

If I understand correctly these missing miniatures are in the crossroads book.

My question is: do we need the crossroad book to play malifaux?

Thx

Simply put no you don't. Either you can play with wave one only, or simply use the model rules found on the cards. So you can simply buy the second wave faction arsenal decks, to obtain the rules for models found in crossroads. Or if you wait for plastic models you will get the cards with those models. I recommend buying crossroads if you want the fluff and special scenarios (or rules for all wave 2 models, not just one faction), but it contains no core game rules needed to play the game.

• Like 2

Breng77 is completely right.

Just to add most of the background stories in Crossroads are pretty good reads :D

Yep. I'm through most of them now, and they are so much fun. Anyway, the book shouldn't be at the top of your buying list. Arsenal decks are the better investment for beginners. (Although if you don't know what to buy, it's the best way to see all Wave 2 models in one place.)

• Like 1