Malifaux Mondays @ Meeplemart - October Schedule

SuperFly TNT

Schedule of October events for Malifaux Mondays @ Meeplemart, culminating in a Henchmen Hardcore tournament at the end of the month.

• Oct. 6 - Open Play with teaching/demo games available
  • Oct. 13 - Store closed for Canadian Thanksgiving
  • Oct. 20 - Open Play with teaching/demo games available
  • Oct. 27 - Open Play with teaching/demo games available
  • Nov.3 - Henchmen Hardcore Tournament - 20ss Hardcore format. Details to follow.

Hours: 5.00PM - 10.00PM

Meeplemart

247 Spadina Ave.

Lower Level

Toronto, Ontario M5T3A8

http://www.meeplemart.com/store/pg/44-Malifaux-Mondays.aspx

• 2 weeks later...

I'll be coming on the 20th with my crew looking for a game (can do 50ss or more/less). Anyone planning on coming by? What's the size of the crowd usually like?

I'm a relatively new to Malifaux and only know a handful of crews, so I won't be the fastest player. 

Howdy.

Size of the crowd varies but it's usually 6-7 people and most arrive between 5-6. Don't worry about your newness. The entire group are all laid back and helpful.  I'm the henchman at the store so I'm happy to have a game with you or feel free to grab anyone once you get to the store.

David

I usually do the following for intro games for people coming from either of the warhammers or warmahordes

Turf War setup for the Strat and instead of the normal scheme pool, a variant of Squatter's rights with two squat markers on the far edges of the board.

It gets through the idea that "KILL EM ALL" doesnt work in Malifaux, because not focusing on objectives gets them losing 2-0 by the second turn, at which point they tend to swap directions and try to do some objective gameplay. 90% of the time, it works every time.

• Like 2

Woot. Looking forward to meeting you guys!

Teaching my reforming WHFB junkie friends results in nothing but 0-0VP beat em ups (Basically degenerated to hardcore mode @ 50ss). I've played one veteran from AWP over Vassal and got stomped. In my defense, I way 'playing in the dark' as I only have the mini rulebook and had no idea what any of his stuff did >.< 

- Adrian

Pounding on each other is a good way to learn the basic game mechanics (flips/cheating/etc.) so smash away! :) The heart of the game as you've probably realized is in actions that gain/deny VP's but often times "Aggressive Negotiation" is required.

As far as knowing other crews it's pretty tough unless you've played with or against a master/crew on a regular basis. I usually end up learning the hard way by getting hammered by my opponent. :)

Anyway, see you on Monday!

• Like 1

End of the month bump up!

October 27th - Cast your vote in the municipal election and then come down to Meeplemart for some Malifaux! Get in the spirit of Halloween with the Carver scenarios from Wyrd Chronicles 8/Crossroads or test some crews for the upcoming November 3rd Hardcore Henchmen tournament.