Help with Brewmaster

wizuriel

So now that I have my shiny new whiskey golem I tried proxying a Brewmaster crew and was really unsure how it is suppose to come together.

What I tried using:

Gremlins Crew - 30 - Dustup

The Brewmaster -- 4 Pool
 +Binge [1]
 +Hold Their Hair Back [1]

Apprentice Wesley [3]
Moon Shinobi [6]
Moon Shinobi [6]
Whiskey Golem [10]
 +Drinking 'Problem' [2]

opponent was playing Collodi 

The strategy was a story encounter Turf War and I took plant explosives and deliver a message. 

My plan was to get to the middle, hand out poison and then use the Brewmaster to try and look people down for a drinking party with the Moon Shinobi and Whiskey Golem beating up any of the attackers force.

Problem is I got to the middle and realized that the Brewmaster doesn't have that many ways on giving out poison. Best I could see was his and Wesley deal out some on attacks and the whiskey golem on certain triggers. I kind of really struggled giving out any poison to the opponents crews and just got swarmed by puppets.  I also found without poison and locking people down the Brewmaster is really fragile. 

Looking over Gremlins though I'm really not seeing many ways of spreading poison around (especially at range). So how are people playing Brewmaster and getting poison out there? 

Brewie puts out hangover, Trixie to hand out poison, Performers to expunge it. The enemies caught in Brewie's bubble will load themselves up with poison from drinking contest (especially the ones with hangover) for later turns and Trixie and Performers can help keep things in the control bubble.

For my beatstick I'd probably go with Mancha Roja as he can kill paralyzed models on a trigger and Brewie and the Performers can spread paralysis too. I also like Gracie with Saddle, she can pull Brewie into position so he can be using his ap for Hangover.

Moon Shinobi and Whiskey Golem, imo, just don't work in a Brewmaster crew. Others say they do and will be along shortly to tell you how, but this is what works for me.

• 1 month later...

Trixie doesn't seem like she hands out that much poison though. Need a 7(crow) and can only try it once a turn. Next week playing a jailbreak game (only know one of the schemes is distract) and was thinking of something like this if attacking

Gremlins Crew - 50 - Scrap

The Brewmaster -- 3 Pool
 +Hold Their Hair Back [1]

Apprentice Wesley [3]
Fingers [10]
 +Stilts [1]
Gracie [10]
 +Saddle [1]
Performer [6]
Performer [6]
Whiskey Golem [10]
 +Drinking 'Problem' [2]

if defending will probably swap Gracie for Trixie. 

It depends who you target, if they've already got some poison on and are in Brewie's (and maybe Wesley's) aura, their Wp is reduced, if Brewie has given them Hangover, they're on  :-fate and can't cheat. I find Trixie can put on a lot of poison (really as much as is needed, if you're going to pseudo-expunge with a Performer, you only need to match their Wds) to a single target reliably rather than having to do it in bits here and there.

If you're doing the  :ram or  :tome Jail Break, I'd be tempted to keep Trixie. Her push + slow will be good for keeping the cell in play, her ability to move and stack scheme markers will help "Make it look like an accident".

If defending will definitely want Trixie, if attacking though I think Gracie will be amazing as can drag fingers 16" up the board and he should be able to free brewie turn 1.

My problem last game was I couldn't get much poison on people or get them in drinking contest range. Hopefully 2 performers will help bring people closer to hand out poison in melee and start looking models down with hangover and drinking contest