Windblast and Pushing Direction

brdparker

Question

Thinking about cool tricks to do with the Oxfordian Magi when they come out, and I'm reading the pullmyfinger article. I was actually planning on updating it with some of my own things that I've done, when I came across this:

"The push in "Windblast" doesn't specify "in any direction", so it's presumed the push is directly away from the caster, so using that to position guys in for Toni's adrenaline is a little more difficult/situational."

Come again?

Background: Ox Magi have a Ca attack at range that has several single-tome triggers, one of which is Windblast: "After succeeding, push the target 2" for each tome in the final duel total."

The text of the Windblast trigger doesn't specify a direction, like the PMF article says. Why should I assume it's directly away from the caster? I'd believe it in the case of majority rules (or official ruling), but I'd like to get a page number if there is one.

"Some game effects require a model to be pushed in relation to another object, such

as towards or away from another model. When this happens the model must move

in a straight line while obeying these restrictions, moving directly towards (or away

from) the specified object."

Judging by this and that if it doesn't state something that differs from the given rules, such as having a clause "in any direction" it has an implied reference to follow the rules, rather than being something that differs from them. 

But like said, it's my understanding, it's not a fact.