Horror Duel and Misery

aclucas

Hi. I'm new and I'm building a Pandora crew to take to GenCon. I'm a little confused by what I've read. Are Horror and Wp Duels the same thing? Will a failed Horror duel trigger the Misery ability or does in need to specifically say Wp Duel?  Thanks in advance.

Horror and WP duels are technically not the same thing... but a WP duel is anything which involves WP. In other words, in order for a model to attempt a Horror duel, it must use its WP stat... which means it becomes a WP duel, thus causing the model to suffer damage if it fails it within the Misery aura.

Horror Duels are all Wp duels.

Resisting something with Wp is also a Wp duel.

Trying to overcome Manipulative is a Wp duel.

Basically, any time you're using your Wp plus a card flip, you're making a Wp duel.

A Horror Duel is a particular kind of Wp duel (usually but not always from a model with Terrifying) where if you fail you get Paralyzed.

Just remember, in an opposed duel that uses, only the model using its Wp is taking a Wp duel, the other model is taking whatever stat they use as a duel, eg Ca - Wp, The model using its Ca is taking a Ca duel, while the model using its Wp is taking a Wp duel. This is important for Pandoras push, it only goes off when she uses her Wp.