Reincarnation

gideonrav

Question

Hi. I need some help with this upgrade. If a witchling stalker kills an enemy near Sonnia but the enemy had not the burnning condition before the attack. Could I still summoning a new witchling ? i have the same problem with Sonnia's burnning trigger. Thank you.

11 answers to this question

I completely missed the previous debates but I think those questions have different answers. Reincarnation kicks in when an enemy within 10" of Sonnia "is reduced to 0 Wounds". The Witchling's Searing Mark Ability hands out Burning when a model is damaged by the Stalker. So I would say this is a clear yes, you can summon. However Sonnia's own Consuming Flame Trigger is after damaging which comes after the current duel is resolved. Therefore at the specific moment when the target model is reduced to 0 Wounds there is no Burning on it. So I would go with a no in this case. Of course this is just my understanding and I entitle the right to be completely wrong.

Wrong Csonti. After damaging happens before the model is removed from play. It is clearly stated in the Rulebook.

But "after damaging" happens after damaging, which is when wounds would be reduced to 0, and reincarnation stipulates that the model must have burning when its wounds are reduced to 0, not when it is killed, or when it is removed from play.