Portable Terrain storage

So this was the best place I could think of to put it.  I have recently got some Micro Arts studio and Sarissa terrain.  But as I can not leave it at the game store and I can not have people over at my place, I need a way to store and transport it.  As such I am looking around for some sort of tough, but portable container that will not be awkward to carry around.  Also I need to be able to put foam in it so i can protect my terrain.  I was curious to see if anyone else has had this issue and what solutions they might have come up with.  When I find my camera I will post some pictures of what I have.

I have been using "Tupperware" tubs, but have recently bought cardboard "banker boxes" to swap them out with as the terrain volume increases.  They are lighter, cheaper, and fit well in the trunk.  Tubs all taper towards the bottom (to make them stackable) and that can be annoying in you are stacking trays or terrain tiles because they are either too tight at the bottom, or things slight around at the "over-sized" top.

Banker boxes are fairly tough, for cardboard.

Assuming you're talking about "a few pieces of terrain" and not "I binged and got enough terrain to reproduce victorian London", you want to go a little sturdier/rain resistant, and don't mind paying more... The 'really useful boxes' plastic tubs are tough, stack well, have little or no taper, and come in many sizes.  Many office supply stores (including office max and staples) carry them.

Of course, there's also the ever-popular toolbox and thrift-shop-briefcase options.  ;)   My local Harbor Freight Tools also has some interesting, and not horrendously expensive, aluminum briefcase-styled cases.

I find that when storing and moving terrain, the container matters less than the organization and packing material inside, because honestly the biggest threat to a piece of terrain is another piece of terrain.

It's rare to actually have a a puncture or structural failure of the box itself in my experience, and much more likely to have paint loss or breakage of terrain pieces by them sliding across one another and the like.

I recommend using a couple medium boxes over one big box, as it will minimize the risk and you are less likely to have multiple masters of terrain bearing down on others, and back it to immobilize the pieces, wads of plastic bags work for me.