Monks of Low River? Do I need three?

Serigala

As the title says, I have just ordered the monks box to bolster my Misaki & Mei Feng crews.

I have also ordered some generic ninja which I hope to convert a little and proxy as Tengu.

I traded one 10 Thunder Brother for an Oiran, a while back as I figured that 2 of each was as many as I was ever likely to need. Would it be the same in the case of the monks?

Am I ever likely to want 3 of them?

If not, would 1 monk be useful to someone else, or do they really need to be played in pairs to cater for redundancy?

Thanks

Maybe it's just me but I usually don't field more than two of the same model, due to the variety available and I like to try out a lot of different models, I think the only time I have fielded 3 of the same model is The Depleted but those guys are amazing.

Depending on scheme/strat these guys can be amazing! I had three and they held a reconnotier corner and protect territory. People tend no to go for them when you have double defensive and an easy heal. When you group them they get 2 heals a turn. And with McCabe give one of them armour and they aren't going unless someone chucks a lot at them

• 2 weeks later...

I could see situations when you'd want 3 of them, but almost all of those situations seem to involve "Reconnoiter" and "Protect Territory".  If they don't have to go super far, can sit on some ground and just occupy it with a low SS cost but high cost to remove, they're very effective.  If you're scheming otherwise though, i think 10T has some better options to do it.  Tengu at a similar pricepoint are less durable but much faster, and at a higher pricepoint Torakage just do everything.