A newbs question on reading the card and triggers

asrian

I've bought the rulebook and am going to play my first game this week (Pandora crew), but have a question on triggers that I can't seem to find (though I'm sure I'm overlooking it). Namely, I've noticed how on certain abilities it will show a Suit next to a Casting value then show 2 suits in the trigger effect.

I'll use an abridged version of the Dreamer's Daydreaming from the beta as an example: http://wyrd-games.net/community/files/

(1) Daydreaming (Ca 7 :mask / TN: 14 :mask ): Summon one Daydream...etc etc
                     :mask  :maskSlumbering:  After succeeding, summon an Alp instead.

The casting cost has a mask in it and the trigger has two masks. So, does that mean I have to use a mask to cast the spell and do I need two masks to set off the trigger. For the trigger, if I do need two masks, other than using a soulstone, how do I achieve two masks? The same goes for ones I've seen in the book that show two different suits next to a trigger such as  :tome  :crow . Do I need both, or just one of either?

As I said, I'm new and trying to learn, but this is about the only thing I've come across that has me baffled. Most of the rest of the rules all seem pretty straightforward.

Thanks,

Asrian 

If a trigger has two suits, you need them both to succeed.

However, any suits in your Ca are added to your total. So, in your example above, the dreamer needs two masks to get the trigger. Luckily, he has one baked in, so a single mask from the card (or a stone) will do the trick.

Models have "baked in" suits to their casting values because some models have the ability to negate those suits, making your spells harder to cast.

Finally, if a Trigger requires two suits and there are none in the Ca, then the model will need to use a soulstone AND use a properly suited card to succeed. (Although I should note that there are some models, like the riders, which have their own unique abilities for adding suits).

Enjoy the game! :)