Deacying Aura (Ress Updgrade) interaction

graeme27uk

Question

Put it here as its not just Ressers.

But the Decaying Aura upgrade says it prevents healing.

So how does it interact with the following:

Kaeris Avatar minfestation event says "heal all damage". So Kaeris gets HtK meaning she cannot be killed in one hit. But then the player activates Desperate manifestation. Normally Kaeris would come back at full health, but am I right that if within the range of Decaying Aura, then Kaeris does not heal anything and would remain on 1 wound.

Does tthis affect Leveticus in a similar way, or is his healing ok due to being buried.

Would this also prevent healing from Regeneration, Embalmed, or other similar effects? Thinking also of where burning or poison causes healing instead of damage.

I assume also, that if an ability/upgrade converted condition damage into healing that the Decaying aura would simply negate the healing so effectively the condition does nothing. Not that the condition reverts back to causing damage.

What about where there is a ranged heal from outside the aura against a model within the aura. Does that also get negated?

1 answer to this question

Kaeris Avatar minfestation event says "heal all damage". So Kaeris gets HtK meaning she cannot be killed in one hit. But then the player activates Desperate manifestation. Normally Kaeris would come back at full health, but am I right that if within the range of Decaying Aura, then Kaeris does not heal anything and would remain on 1 wound.

Yes.

Would this also prevent healing from Regeneration, Embalmed, or other similar effects? Thinking also of where burning or poison causes healing instead of damage.

I assume also, that if an ability/upgrade converted condition damage into healing that the Decaying aura would simply negate the healing so effectively the condition does nothing. Not that the condition reverts back to causing damage.

What about where there is a ranged heal from outside the aura against a model within the aura. Does that also get negated?

Yes, all of the above.

Does tthis affect Leveticus in a similar way, or is his healing ok due to being buried.

If I remember correctly, Leveticus first gets buried and then healed. When he is buried he is not in range of anything and has no LoS, and thus neither in 4" nor LoS of the model with the upgrade. He is thus not affected and heals.

Remember that you can block LoS if you need that heal!