Dual Faction Masters

N1ck

I think of all the masters the one that I find most likely better in their alternate faction is Yan Lo. Unnerving Aura is golden on Yin and Izamu. Decaying Aura is not bad either on either of them or even Toshiro with his wall of Ashigaru to take advantage of it. Even then, if the Generic Upgrades stay the same in Wave 3, I think 10T is as good a place for Yan Lo. That negatives on Sh attacks is amazing for Toshiro.

Misaki works, from what I understand, as well in both her factions. Though for purposes of fluff 10T is her home. So many of the models are a great fit with her. Also being a melee assassin she LOVES Misdirection. I usually move her up Turn 1 and Stalk a model that I know has activation priority among a group of models and then second turn she Stalks forward and either Walks and Charges or just Charges into a group of enemies with her 4 attacks and Misdirection.

Lynch is great wherever he is he does have a lot of models in the Never born faction though but Illuminated are 10T so he doesn't need to worry too much about that. I have discovered that the conjunction of Broken Promises on Terrifying 12 (All) Hungering Darkness is basically ensuring that your Df 3 monster will last a turn under heavy fire.I've not heard of much other direct synergy with 10T in particular though.

Mei Feng also LOVES Misdirection. Where Misaki is better at focussing her attacks on the biggest guy around Mei Feng just kicks in all the faces she can with her abundance of attack actions when she's done she's likely not killed them all but left most of them limping so having the ability to then use your enemy's attacks against them makes for a powerful combo. There are a lot more construct models in the Arcanist pool and the +2 Df upgrade so she could be considered as good in either faction. There are quite a few off-fluff models Mei Feng can use from 10T too. The Dawn Serpent and Monks of the High River dish out Burning quite effectively also Komainu are quick and durable constructs who also have the ability to give out burning.

McCabe is pretty great at supporting minion models and I think in Guild that is good but in 10T it is golden. 10T have amazing minion models that benefit greatly from what McCabes upgrades have to offer. One of my favourite little tricks is to give a Ten Thunders Brother Defensive with Luna's (0) action. With Misdirection McCabe can also become a threat as a combat Master with Df 6/7 while engaged. Some of the Hanchmen/Enforcer options also help McCabe be great. Toshiro adds a big punch for melee minions and against Undead/Constructs Kang is great. Ama No Zako is also a great addition with her speed, durability, and damage output. Then there are also the Guardsman options that are also cool.

The Brewmaster I can't really speculate on because I've never seen him on the table. He does seem to function as a great support master regardless of whether or not he is supported by Tri Chi models though. He can also get Monks of the Fermented River in 10T.

I haven't really felt that any of the masters gain or lose a huge amount of power based on faction, rather they have different options available.  But since this a question aimed at generating opinions, I'll put myself down for Jakob Lynch gaining a lot in Ten Thunders.  He gets access to Beckoners, Stitched Together and Depleted, whereas Neverborn Lynch has these already and doesn't get any Ten Thunders Darkened options.  Also from the Ten Thunders side he has access to a lot of cheap minions with various 'discard a card to do X' abilities such as Thunder Archers, Rail Workers, Torakage, Wastrels which go nicely with the Ace in the Hole ability.