Brass Arachnid 30mm, is this correct??

Hector Romero

Hello all, just finished painting my M&SU box set and i noticed that the Brass Arachnid is supposed to go on a 30mm base, is this correct? I was looking at the size of the Brass Arachnid and Howard Langston models and Howard goes on a 50mm and makes sense because of the size of the model but, why not the Brass Arachnid? Lol, the Brass Arachnid is huge and just as large as Howard, i cant imagine it going on something smaller than a 40mm. What do u all think? 

It's balanced in game for that base size is the main reason, I guess (The old one was that size base so it started that big, and just got kept that way). If you're not using it in game you get a lot more freedom!

If you are gaming with it, and are struggling to get him to fit, I recommend building out the base a little (leaving the black ring visible so you can measure from it). Creative basing can probably give you close to 45mm of space without looking like its hugely overhanging the edges, just takes a bit of messing...

Hah, as someone just starting into this game, this one almost threw me for a loop...

The old metal Brass Arachnid looks like an oil drum with 4 legs, and fits nicely on the 30mm base.  The new plastic version looks much more like a spider. 

In fact, I came into the forums today because:

The art for the plastic B.A. looks enough like the old "Large Steampunk Arachnid" (that I just picked up as potential heavy muscle / distraction for a Colette crew) that when I saw the Brass Arachnid card in the Arsenal Box, I briefly thought there was a mistake in the art.  ;)